SC silverado vs. SS

FalconPilot

My Uncle has a Magnacharger on his 5.7 Z-71 Silverado extended cab. :P Well, we hit the runway at the local airport yesterday to see who was faster. :D He used the auto 4x4 for launch, then shifted out as soon as he could. :wtf: He also used tow mode. :wtf: I just used my right foot. ;)

At launch, there was no compitition :cheers: . I was about one truck length ahead when 3rd gear hit. :cool: All the time I could here the whistle of the blower down my back! :wtf: Man is that thing loud! When 3rd gear hit, he started to pull up and passed me around 90. :eek: I felt like I was standing still! :cry: By 108 (where the ss currently quits) he had 2 truck lengths on me and said he was past 115MPH. :puke:

MUST GET ONE OF THOSE WHISTLE THINGS!! :thumbs:

zippy the 5.7 L was on the Z71 trucks a few years ago, he's not talking about a new Z71 with a 5.7 L. The Z71 1/2 ton for this year came with the 5.3 and 4.8 L engines. Great story FalconPilot, you had me reading in suspense until the end :pop: . It's nice to know that the SS can even compete with a supercharged Z71 with possibly a few other mods on it :thumbs: .

the previous model (mostly known as c/k series) silverado was only an option, not the name of the truck and 99/00 c/k styles were mearly base and LS. the old body style trucks also had no auto-trak or tow haul mode though so not sure which info matches.

If it was a stock SS, not to shabby of a showing :thumbs:

Only mod was 2 RC choppers in the rear seat and a Rhyno (sp?) liner in the bed! We are working on Whipples for the SS and my Cousins Silverado 2500 hd with the 8.+L and Alison trany.

BTW, my uncles truck spanks the new 2500 HD untill about 65, then they are even. Can't wait untill the SCs come in!

the previous model (mostly known as c/k series) silverado was only an option, not the name of the truck and 99/00 c/k styles were mearly base and LS. the old body style trucks also had no auto-trak or tow haul mode though so not sure which info matches.

Just got the word. My uncles truck is:

2001 Silverado K1500 4x4

5.3L, 3.73LS ass end

Volant cold air intake

Flowmaster dual exhaust

Custom Superchips programming (Thanks to Chris Wiesberg at Works)

Magnacharger

No, she's not intercooled. He says it has enough power.

It looks like an angle but its almost straight across the strip. The avalanche also has a magnacharger too :). They are close at the end of the 1/8. But the Avalanche has some torque managment issues from take off and upshifting. We should get a new program in next week. On the interstate and both of them kicking it at 65 the avlanche pulls away like you put the ss in park its not even a race :cry:

Archived