Ordered a Converter

It flashes so high becuase of that 3" pulley. Seems to flash stall about 3400 or so.

Those are some impressive black marks. Not bad for 5500+# and AWD.

Man you can see the tires were still searching for traction at the end of the pic. AWD tire spinning action is always fun for the whole family.

And good for you!! Lots of vitamin HP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It flashes so high becuase of that 3" pulley. Seems to flash stall about 3400 or so.

Man you can see the tires were still searching for traction at the end of the pic. AWD tire spinning action is always fun for the whole family.

ok, some black marks from you are next...... :devil: just further.... :driving::driving::driving::D

Flash stall RPM - Check

Driveability - Check

Price - Check

Quality - ???

Reliability ???

Wondering how long we will have to wait to get data on the last two. Was there any research done on components that go into these converters?

How long before this will be a 'recommended' item? Inquiring minds want to know. :smash:

where can i buy one to those delco tc?  i went to their websight, and they dotn have an online catelog.  i would like to order online if possible.  also, what does the part # happen to be??  thanks guy.

todd

The complete part description from Dacco would be B-85 VJCX...

You can Email or call Eli Koorey at [email protected] & 404-538-8971.

How is your tranny temps with the new convertor. ???

Under normal driving temp doesn't go over 125.

After several wot runs(With Zippy & TJ both hammering on it) during tuning temp rose to 135.

Once Zippy discovered that it would do a burn out...........well you know the rest of the story..... :lol:

I've used Dacco converters for over 10 years on rebuilds that I have done. Mostly on fleet delivery vehicles for where I work(ridden hard, put away wet...side jobs need mod money). I have only had 1 converter failure out of 100+ that I've used. I think it will probably work well in most applications.

They also offer a performance line of converters which may be a little cheaper than some of the other alternatives :dunno: .

:cheers:

Brian

performance would be similar. when you're looking at a PI converter though, it's not just the performance difference. their torque converter is designed to take more abuse than you can put to it. their converters will pretty much handle more power than the trans they are bolted to. very few times will you ever see a failure with a PI converter. as for the stall, they will put the stall at the speed you request it to be at and if you aren't happy with it they will restall it for free. when the tcc on a stock conveter engages, you notice it in the sound of the engine and in the tach dropping. when a PI converter clutch engages you'll get belt slip at times. they are just plain f'ing solid. the main issue when picking the two is how much power are you planning on putting down and what kind of usage you plan to do. if a tb converter fails it'll likely be the tcc. in that case you just pull it out and put another in. you could due that a few times to the cost of the PI converter. the downside is the parts that failed can take out an internal part in the trans. like anything it's a gamble. for most general use the tb converter will do the job just fine. for any kind of serious power and hard driving the PI is the way to go. more imporantly if you put it in front of a very expensive trans. taking out the stock trans with a bad converter isn't a big deal. (at least to me :jester: ). taking out an expensive trans, not worth it. go PI then for sure.

ok, some black marks from you are next...... :devil: just further.... :driving::driving::driving::D

Happy to oblige! First step though is getting the tranny and the engine in the same state!

Archived