Transgo Shiftkit install

I have bought a Transgo shiftkit from Jagperformance and i know many of you have purchased this kit also. I was wondering how much this kit should cost to be installed. I've had my kit for nearly 3 weeks and i've been shopping around for an installer. The prices have ranged from 260-400. I've called Joe at JagPerformance and he said install should be anywhere between 180-220 but no one will touch it at those prices. Have i been going to the wrong transmission shops or is the 260-400 price a common figure? :confused:

I paid $775 to have my converter, kit, and servos installed by a very good shop in Cali.  Hope that gives you some kind of idea.  Good luck. :thumbs:

it shouldnt cost anywhere near that, he had a torque converter installed and that is alot more work you dont have to take the trans off to put in the shift kit or servos it should cost around 125-200

To repair the servo problem I had when the 4th piston teflon seal tore, and to have my shift kit installed it cost me just under $500 2 months ago.

:banghead:

But auto labor rates here are through the roof, I wouldn't expect most to have to pay as much as I did...

I paid $775 to have my converter, kit, and servos installed by a very good shop in Cali.  Hope that gives you some kind of idea.  Good luck. :thumbs:

it shouldnt cost anywhere near that, he had a torque converter installed and that is alot more work you dont have to take the trans off to put in the shift kit or servos it should cost around 125-200

Thanks 04Chase....I thought the install should be around those numbers. All the trans shops i've been to think it's an extremely tough install. Anybody from north georgia know of any good transmission shops? (or should i say honest transmission shops)

How about attempting to do yourself? If you bought it from Joe, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to answer any questions you would have if you ran into snags. He gave tips in my directions and sent on of his cards in case I needed to call. Easily done in a driveway. I remember one knucklehead on here that did it in a hotel parking lot. :D Just a thought. You'll never know how easy it is until you try it.

Archived