Turbocharger

Does any one know of a Turbocharger Kit that would work for the SS and do you guys think Turbocharger would be better than a Supercharger. :wtf:

:crazy: A Turbo has a lot going for it vs Supercharging

BUT

No Kits are readily available (as far as I know anyway)

This kind of leaves you with a one off project and a ton of tuning to make it work. $$$

And most people aren't into using their vehicle for R&D from a time and money perspective.

I suppose I am biased :D But for my kind of thrills, going from stop light to stoplight, the kick in the pants from a supercharger is the way to go. Nothing more fun than getting a big ol truck zipping away from the light faster than a sports car :D And the "making it look easy" factor is fun too. The low end power means you can pass people while still at comparatively low RPMs, no need to rev high and make it sound like you have it floored.

I want to do twin turbos so bad on this car, i actually had most of the stuff together to do it on my 2000 but i ended up selling it all and buying my blazer instead. It isnt really that hard, but it will be time consuming and cost some money for tuning.

It will result in a ridiculously fast truck though :D

Plus you have that intimidating sound of the Blow Off Valve there to scare the shit outta people.

They are definately better than a supercharger, except that nobody makes a kit to do it

Isn't it MUCH harder to install a turbo? The exhaust thing is what's setting off the bells and whistles with me. We'd need to have a lot of custon exhaust work, and then find room to cram it all under the hood. It's gonna get hot underthere...

I was going to turn my exhaust manifolds upside down and make an adaptor for the turbos. That way the initial cost is lower, and i will have the dimensions all setup so that i can have some headers made :cheers:

all this talk of turbos is making me want to do it again :D

Archived