baer brakes

leo67

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone out there using or thinking about upgrading to the larger rotor kits,, baer,ssbc,etc.  thinking about doing at least the front, is it worth it?

I bought the Baer Rotor and Caliber for the fronts. I did not touch the back, but for just the fronts, my SS stops 40 to 50 feet in the 60 to 0 braking or whatever it is that test it from. The brake pedal feels like a sports car, not like a truck and i can brake alot better when i feel the urge to go 140+.

I recommend them for safety reasons and for fun.

I am not running SS lines, but will probably get them. The install was really easy on the Alumasports. I've got pictures of the install, but I am electronicaly challenged. :yellow_loser: Got to buckle down and learn how to post pictures.

Wizard

I am not running SS lines, but will probably get them.  The install was really easy on the Alumasports.  I've got pictures of the install, but I am electronicaly challenged. :yellow_loser:  Got to buckle down and learn how to post pictures. 

Wizard

if u can try and post some picks, curious to see what they look like behind the wheels

Actually the SS lines are just a SS braid. The actual line is a hard nylon, but still does not expand like the stock rubber lines.

Anyone interested in Baer brakes, be sure to get the Alumnasport vs the Eradispeed +1. Eradispeeds are "nearly" just an appearance thing. What they say their test did doesn't mean much after you get them on. Haven't heard much negative about Alumnasport, but appears to be somewhat better.

If new brake lines come with the kits, you'd be surprised at how much just the lines are doing for your stopping ability.

Archived