Annoying Chime

TexaSS

Yeah, to keep idiots like me out of trouble. The wife had to come by work and get me in the truck after I removed the wire. After owning a 99'GMC that had the same protection, and never once needing it - I disconnect the protection and lock myself out no more than 48hrs later.

Damn the luck!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, me too. :P The only thing that saves my butt is experience. The last four vehicles of mine have had a key hidden on the outside for just those days. It only took having to break out one window many years ago in Atlanta to learn that lesson.

What I have to quit doing in this SS is accidently hitting that damn heated seat button on the drivers door. Done that twice now and I LIVE IN PHOENIX!!!! The LAST thing thisvehicle needs is heated seats!!!! The first time I did it I got back in the truck, started her up and was motoring down the hwy thinking how much the sun had heated the seats while it was parked. And the more I drove the hotter the seats got and I was cursing leather seats until I finally realized what had happened. Even then it took about 20 minutes for those babies to cool down again.

Did I mention I live in Phoenix and DON'T need HEATED SEATS........even in the "winter." It's 72 degree's around here in the "winter." :jester::jester:

Edited by Lee (see edit history)

That's happened to me too, but they do come in handy once and a great while for me ( more frequently for the wife :D ). In your case Lee, you ought to find the fuse for the heated seats and pull it. :D

• 5 months later...

I was able to perform the surgery in under 5 minutes with a large paper clip and a 2" strip of black electrical tape. Great thing is that there is no more annoying chime, but all I had to change the setting for the automatic seat adjustment from key in to remote door unlock. Not a big deal, but I thought I would share with the group that any setting based on the key being in the ignition will no longer work as programmed.

I haven't tried OnStar yet to unlock the doors, but will report back when I have an answer.

• 2 months later...

A few questions:

Does this procedure isolate all of the doors from the DIC?

If a rear door is open, will a message appear on the DIC?

Are the chimes from all doors affected, or just the driver's door? (I think it chimes when a door opens while not in park - but I can't remember at the moment)

Since the "key-in" door locks are disabled, will the "shift to drive" door locks work?

Will this procedure work on ANY 2003 GM truck (not just SS)?

thanks!

Edited by conradv (see edit history)

It affects the chime when the key is in the ignition and the door is open, vehicle off. That's it. No doors chime, but I don't remember any other doors chiming, even before I pulled the wire. Door ajar chimes still work. Don't know what the diffs are between any other truck, but would think any '03 truck would work the same.

While reading this thread I was laughing cause of what everyone was saying they were using. A paper clip and black tape etc, etc..... Kind of reminded me of one of the Baldwin brothers in Halfbaked when they ran out of papers.

Good job on the pics!! :thumbs:

Why not make this a sticky????????

Late- Alex