2.9 Radix Pulley Too Much Boost?

yorgog

Well I got the truck back after a while. I totaly fried the first cylinder. They say that that is common in that cylinder. I got the 402 in there and got everything beefed up so I dont have the problem again. I am getting about 7 pounds of boost from the radix. Off the line it is way more powerful which means more torque. It is about the same as it was before after the initial start which is probably from the loss of some boost. The truck is much smoother though. I have it all the way lean. I think I am going to need bigger injectors. If anyone has any that they would suggest let me know. When you punch it the truck almost goes sideways. We have some snow up here in Connecticut so i really cant get on it that hard yet. I did have the belt jump one rib once but it didnt do it again after that. I put just under 400 miles on it and I couldnt be happier right now.

What are you monitoring how its running with?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The afr meter you speak of is not a good sensor to live by. It doesn't give a very accurate reading. That is of course, if it is tapping into the stock O2 wires.

With your power levels and the amount of money you have in it, you need a laptop and some good software to log your cruise and full power runs.

42lb injectors is nowhere close to how big you need. I would guess you need 50-55lb at a minimum and probably double pumps - just to be safe.

personally, i'd go to around a 50lbhr or so injector. with a cam that small and stock heads using a radix you aren't likely going to flow enough air through it to need alot of injector. you more need alot of fuel and quick. hp wise you aren't going to be much more at this point than a 6.0L would put out. i would say go with some SVO 42's.

The shop is doing all the tuning. I must say they did an excelent job. Feels almost like stock but with a lot of balls. I had it tuned by wester's before I blew the engine. These guys seem to know what they are doing. They are the premire corvette tuners in this area. They also did all the work on my C6.

• 5 months later...

This topic is pretty old and I have not done much with engine work on the truck since. I have been working on the apperance and the suspention. I am probably going to get 50# injectors. What about the fuel rails. Would I be able to put the F.A.S.T. billet high flow fuel rails on the magnacharger. I think they look realy great and would increase my fuel flow.

Archived