SS and the Snow

SS_man_62

422 members have voted

1. 1. SS and the Snow

• yes, I will store my SS when the snow comes
    • No, It has AWD I will drive it year round!

That's why the SS is "THE ULTIMATE SPORT TRUCK". I live in the Mountains and we have snow from Nov. through March into April and this truck is the only one I know of that qualifies as a "Year round Sport Truck" with enough room for passengers, cargo and towing capabilities. If I wanted a "fair weather truck" for drag strip use I might have gone another direction.

I had the second post on this thread in 2003 and still feel the same driving the same SS, 173,000 miles later. I still...love this truck!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the second post on this thread in 2003 and still feel the same driving the same SS, 173,000 miles later. I still...love this truck!

thats just so awesome bro cheers to you!

• 3 months later...

first year I had mine had 2nd thoughts about the snow, after I changed from the orig tires to the Parada's things were much better.

Now that it has a new paint job gonna let her sit out the storms. I'll drive our 02 GTP with snows all around.

thats just so awesome bro cheers to you!

x's2

• 4 months later...

My brother has the same year 03 chevy z71 and the ss awd gets so much more traction then his.

i like to call it the front yard test were the yards full of snow bottom of the front doors deep and you back into it as far as you can punching it and see who gets out mine has never had to be pulled out but 6 out of 10 times the (z71) has 1 wheel spinning up front and 2 digging holes in the rear even if its inching the ss still moves forward plus the push button 4wd always messes up stuck in 4wd or stuck in 2wd its pretty bad when the awd sport truck embarrasses the off road z71 package

• 4 months later...

Archived