SS and the Snow

SS_man_62

422 members have voted

1. 1. SS and the Snow

• yes, I will store my SS when the snow comes
    • No, It has AWD I will drive it year round!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I get mine it will definately see snow and the no touch carwash asap. I did notice that my '02 Sierra has the most chip resistance paint job of any vehicle I have owned. 2 snowy winters with lot's of cinders and salt with no chips. It's the first vehicle that I've owned that didn't end up chipped up at the end of winter. Hope that holds true with the SS.

• 5 months later...

I’m also up here in the frozen tundra of North Dakota and haven been driving on the snow and ice for the past couple of days now. Driving is definitely better on the AWD than 2 wheel, about the same or a little bit worse than standard 4WD. You have to remember that you just have more wheels to lose traction on. Been a couple times so far with the touchy throttle response from idle that I have spun all 4 tires and been along for the ride.

The one thing that surprised me was the antilock brake feedback through the pedal. Had a 97 dodge before I upgraded and have never felt that kind of chattering of the brake pedal. That provided one of those “what the hell was that” moments recently.

The AWD was the selling point for me. I live in Michigan and have to go to jobsites all over Michicgan on a weekly basis. I have had several new vehicles since i've lived in Michigan. I always keep them clean in the winter and haven't had any rust issues yet.

New Winter 265/75/16 Cooper Snow tires

$439.00 Canadian

GM 16" Take Off Factory Rims

$280.00 Canadian

GM OEM Factory Center Caps with Lug Nut Covers

$19.99US on E Bay

Watching Mustangs, Vettes, Boxters, Vipers(yes some dummies drive them in the winter), Lightnings and other Fast Cars

Be blown :seeya: away all winter at all stop lights by a Blue SS and wondering what the heck just hit them... PRICELESS :eek:

Living in the second snowiest Capital "Ottawa CANADA"

SS is the only way to fly in a pickup...

Dr Mike :cool:

This weekend i took my S.S. to Lake Tahoe . There was a big storm up there . This truck made me proud :cheers: It drove through that snow like a champ. It was snowing so bad in 1 hour my bed was half full of snow . Having a fast , badass , lowered truck on 22's that handles great in the snow :D Living the American Dream ... :D Or maybe just my dream . All I know is this weekend ,made me realize I made the right choice .... As if there was any dought :wtf:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived