SS and the Snow

SS_man_62

422 members have voted

1. 1. SS and the Snow

• yes, I will store my SS when the snow comes
    • No, It has AWD I will drive it year round!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why the SS is "THE ULTIMATE SPORT TRUCK". I live in the Mountains and we have snow from Nov. through March into April and this truck is the only one I know of that qualifies as a "Year round Sport Truck" with enough room for passengers, cargo and towing capabilities. If I wanted a "fair weather truck" for drag strip use I might have gone another direction.

FalconPilot...welcome aboard. As for the poll response, I will be going upstate NY with my sleds all winter. I saved my stock wheels off my 99 that have BFG ATs with plenty of bite left. I will be rollin on 16's for the winter!

I am not able to afford anything else other than this truck. AWD is one of the main reasons I chose this over...for instance, the Harley Ed. Ford or the lightning. I am in Maine and we do get our fair share of snow/winter! :thumbs:

Justin :chevy:

Chances are I'll store mine when the snow flies. Have other rides to choose from so why take a chance.

Even if MY truck or YOUR truck has all wheel drive it is NO guarantee that some 80 year old couple in an 86 Buick whose all season tires barely passed inspection won't take you out.

But I encourage everyone to take it out in the snow...from what I hear there are too many being made to make the SS collectible and this might be a good way to up the value for those who store in winter.

On the other hand that same couple could take me out tomorrow :cry:

Mine has already seen snow :D Just a patch on the side of the road in the local mountains. Snow is not something that comes to me, I have to go to it, so it is not a big deal to use the SS for the snow I will see.

This does remind me of something I have been wanting to check on. Can we put chains on the SS? Is there enough clearance in the wheel wells or will it tear up the body? :confused:

I will drive it year around - even in the snow. The snow does no harm. The only thing is to make sure that the truck gets properly cleaned. I am looking for the next Lightning when it is icy - heh heh heh :D

On April 26 we had a freak blizzard here in Calgary, we got between 17 and 23 inches of wet snow. I had to get out there. I had a blast. The SS is made for snow, ice and rain. :smash: Plus the blue looks great on a blanket of white.

I loved the Syclone and wanted one sooooo bad, BUT...

this truck is the only one I know of that qualifies as a "Year round Sport Truck" with enough room for passengers, cargo and towing capabilities.

This does remind me of something I have been wanting to check on.  Can we put chains on the SS?  Is there enough clearance in the wheel wells or will it tear up the body? :confused:

The dealer told me you have to use the cable type chains on it.

Then again...this is from the dealer so I wouldn't put much faith in it.

Mine will only see snow when I make my trips up the hill to Reno to get my gambling fix...or to go skiing.

Archived