Step by step how to Clear 03+ Headlights

Sick Boy

anyone have the step by step pics? they dont show up

Have you tried on the gmfs site?

I remember viewing it there years ago when I first did a set. Are you having trouble with them, it's fairly simple let me know if you have any questions.

I started my first set of nnbs yesterday but didn't have enough time to finish them up, those are a little more complicated.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did them tonight.... and i dont understand how you guys easily separated them. I mangled the shit out of them lol... May have to keep my ebay ones on... Tore the shit out of the black housings..

You cant just get in there and "cut" the existing silcone. You have to pry... No matter how hard i tried not to bend/cut the housing, it did... Must have been doing something wrong

I think I really needed to heat it up more and longer

I did them tonight.... and i dont understand how you guys easily separated them. I mangled the shit out of them lol... May have to keep my ebay ones on... Tore the shit out of the black housings..

You cant just get in there and "cut" the existing silcone. You have to pry... No matter how hard i tried not to bend/cut the housing, it did... Must have been doing something wrong

I think I really needed to heat it up more and longer

The first set of 06 style I did came out super clean, I think I used a heat gun and my xacto knife to do the job lots of patience and prying. The second on my current truck I tore up pretty bad lol, I didn't use any heat on them. But I just trimmed off all the black housing I screwed up with the knife, and the black silicone that is used covers that all up. I feel like the less silicone used to seal them up the cleaner the end result, but in your case and my most recent you have to do what you gotta do lol.

I just placed my entire light assembly in the oven and when tey got up to around 125-130 degrees I took a butter knife and pried the lens away slowly. When I went to put them back together I just reheated and applied some new silicone and placed the lens back on.

Yea i think i just didnt get them hot enough.... THey still look good tho, just beat to hell around the edges, but you cant see em ne ways with the hood shut

Archived