Step by step how to Clear 03+ Headlights

Sick Boy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Did mine this weekend they look great. I would suggest masking off the outside of the lenses when your putting them back on because the silicone gets EVERYWHERE. Also 100% make sure you start prying on the edge of the lenses closest to the grill. Mine got pretty mangled up but you can't see anything because that edge tucks behind the grill. Took me about 3 hours and a bit and like everyone side the head lights are way more of a pain then the drl/signals.

If you have a heat gun, you can substitute it whit the "Baking" method. Much faster IMO.

yea, I do have one. I think it's in my storage unit. if not, I know I have one on my work truck. thanks for the tip!!

• 3 weeks later...
Im gona try this today does anyone know of a good replacement park lamp that wont put that amber reflection in the lens when the lights arent on?? I want to get rid of all the amber tint

go with silverstars. they are amber when on but have a iridescent look when off. bulb# 3157

I finally got around to doing this. I did the lower set yesterday. Those weren't too bad. Once you get the first one done, the second one is alot easier. I held off on doing the headlights until today. What a pain in the A$$!!!! Again, once you get the first one done, the second one is alot easier to figure out but man they put up a fight!! I only ripped apart one knuckle though and sliced another. I should say that I fileted the first knuckle. Now it's dry time!

Archived