'03 and '05 differences?

FlyinTurbo

My local dealer is offering to trade my 03' with 49k miles for a brand new '05 SS. I havent looked at his numbers yet, but am considering looking into this a little more. What are the major differences (if any) between the '03 and '05 models?

No keyhole in passenger side since 04, E-fans, sunroof options, cloth seat options, silver birch option and apparently a 2wd option.

Actually exterior wise they're the same (04 has passenger keyhole, I have one) Standard upgrade is the E-fans. Sliding rear window and sunroof are new options, but almost everything that was standard in the 03 and 04 is now an option and ups the price:

leather

heated seats

6 disc changer

dual zone climate control

power/heated mirrors

4 wheel disc breaks (not sure about this one)

Basically they stripped off all the little bonus items that were standard and they're making people pay for them now. Its that move that convinced my brother to get a VHO instead of the 05 SS.

the keyhole depends on when your truck was made they ended it in late 04, as they did with the flush mount seat heat controllers, on 03 there is a cloth insert on the top of the door panel , they removed that in 04 and i beleive the SS kept the disc brakes in 05, other than what others stated that is all i can think of.

Since your in AZ...I would look into the 2wd option...it will be less expensive and I would get the sunroof too!!!!

I'm pretty sure all 05 SS's came with the AWD option. At least I didn't see that when I built my truck when I ordered it :dunno:

In 04 the following also took place:

Different catalytic converter exhaust sections. Better bends, no crimps.

Lack of drain petcock in radiator.

Changes in DIC. "Average MPG" instead of "Lifetime MPG" maybe more?

Leather or vinyl trim on the upper door panels (near the arm-rests), rather than cloth.

I haven't looked at too many 03'or 04' but my 05' is great, it has the cloth seats....but living in AZ in the summer that is definitly a benifit, I have most every other option that they offer. It's a great truck, you can go to gmbuypower and build one, even better if you work for a company with a fleet buyers program... you'll save about 5k off the manufactures MSRP and get all the incentives their offering as well... btw which dealer in az are you looking at?

Since your in AZ...I would look into the 2wd option...it will be less expensive and I would get the sunroof too!!!!

I'm pretty sure all 05 SS's came with the AWD option. At least I didn't see that when I built my truck when I ordered it :dunno:

not all 05's have been built to this point... :confused:

as of this month all chevy dealers should be able to order 2WD SS versions.

I think that it sucks that you no longer get all of the bells and whistles standard, I mean when I brought my '04 it came with everything but an engine block heater and where I from that would be overkill!

Archived