408 update

TurbochargedBerserker

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine the power it would take to push one of these bricks into the high nines? That would be like a high 7s low 8s car I'd think.

Oh, and by way of update, I adopted some AMSOIL and NGKs yesterday.

Tunes for both computer's are done... Tranny here... THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY.

Is it thursday yet?

are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? :jester:

Erik...

Looking awesome man... I'm excited for you. I'd ask what time you plan on firing it up on thursday, but I'm sure I'll be able to hear either the engine start or you "yahooing" all the way over here on the west coast :D

Congrats... you've built yerself one hell of a truck :cheers:

Erik,

Maybe you posted and I didn't catch, but did you ever decide on rockers/lifters? I think I am just going to go for the Comp-R lifter, since there is an actual pre-load setting. Try finding that with stock lifters - a lot of variance out there.

Moot point if you are not going to an adjustable valvetrain.

Also, did you shift over to a LS6 PCV system like Jeff had done?

Erik,

Maybe you posted and I didn't catch, but did you ever decide on rockers/lifters?  I think I am just going to go for the Comp-R lifter, since there is an actual pre-load setting.  Try finding that with stock lifters - a lot of variance out there.

Moot point if you are not going to an adjustable valvetrain.

Also, did you shift over to a LS6 PCV system like Jeff had done?

I ended up going with the non-adjustible valve train for now. I reused my stock stuff (except for pushrods) as everything got so screwed up there for a while I wanted the path of least resistance. I also would have had to flycut the pistons again for anything I could find that was adjustible.

I may go to some shaft mounts in the future (maybe in about 100 years or when I can say truck in the houdr again lol)

I did do new cam bearings though -- that ate up most of the discretionary parts fund. ($45 a set!!! x 5 sets)

So about what time on Thursday will it be running, Erik?  You gonna skip work and hang around Chuck's shop all day waiting for it to happen?  :)

Bet you're going to have a sleepless night tonight...

Didn't you hear me cursing this afternoon? I though everyone in Fl did...

Guess what? The tranny arrived and all, but the tranny-xfer case adaptor didn't :) I can't really complain as the reason it didn't was because Chuck spent a week or so running my tranny on the dyno and tweaking everything up to the tranny pan bolts. Plus its all nice and boken in... They are over nighting it to me.

I went to Chuck's today hoping to get the computer stuff done, but ended up doing a lot of other stuff like hooking up the exhaust, getting the cut out wires run, the wbo2 wires run, the oil pump switched out, etc. Still a lot of work to be done. I was pretty disappointed in the progress...

Still shooting for tomorrow afternoon, but Friday's more likely I think :cry::cry::cry:

I did do new cam bearings though -- that ate up most of the discretionary parts fund. ($45 a set!!! x 5 sets)

Ouch!! Sounds like a Durabond bearing price? Peace of mind usually doesn't come cheap.

By the pics, I can see you stayed with the stock PCV system.

Archived