408 update

TurbochargedBerserker

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He kinda forgot that I brought him ARP studs...  Had to go back and do some stuff again  :banghead:   Kinda fits nicely with the rest of the project, eh?

i was referring to the trans...

Oh, he put it on the tranny dyno for a week :) He did a bunch of spring voodoo and added the billet shafts for me to try. He also broke it in for me :thumbs: Now we're just waiting on the stellar truck service he uses...

Sounds good. If all goes well with the trans no-one will be able to eat or drink in your truck either. :D  Mega eh. even after the release of tunes 2bar setup. Oh well the wideband air fuel targeting rocks!

Yeah -- the HPT 2bar set up costs as much as mega... Plus the OS in the 03 SSS is the reason they delayed the release of 1.6 and didn't get fixed. No 2 bar for me until 2.0... And I would have to buy the update, plus pay them $299 to run a 2 bar SD ve table. :icon_bs:

Mega is much cooler :driving:

Are you saying the HPT's 2 bar won't work on a 03 SS ? I looked at the Mega squirt after reading this post. Looks like a pretty messy work around, good luck with that one :crazy: I for sure don't have enough time for that. I'll be very disappointed if HPT 2 bar won't work on my truck.

And for anyone who cares Yes my truck has been released by the kidnapper at DRM :crackup:

Are you saying the HPT's 2 bar won't work on a 03 SS ?  I looked at the Mega squirt after reading this post.  Looks like a pretty messy work around, good luck with that one :crazy:  I for sure don't have enough time for that.  I'll be very disappointed if HPT 2 bar won't work on my truck.

And for anyone who cares Yes my truck has been released by the kidnapper at DRM  :crackup:

Yep. No HPT 2 bar for us until HPT 2.0 which will be released Feb 1st :icon_bs::crackup: I'm a beta tester, but haven't heard a word yet, except that our OS breaks the 2 bar bins.

Mega isn't too bad if you buy it prebuilt and hook up with DieselGeek over on LS1 -- he will build you one or make the harness for you and will set you up with a "get it started" tune. Plus, my mega ended up costing less than the HPT upgrade (which is $299), but the harness cost more.

:thumbs::thumbs: on the truck :smash::smash:

Right on Eirk!

Looks like you are ahead of me now. :P

I just plopped down the first half of money for my project. :eek:

I am gonna use HPT's SD upgrade. Rick already tunes with it so for $300 I can get it setup.

I am very excited to see you mashin down the track in that thing. I wanna see what the STS can do when really pushed! :)

Hehehehe :lol: Okay that was a little prank... :devil: I expected more of an outcry... :banghead::mad::D

All those pics are of Chucks dragster motor -- NA 460 BB, 15:1 CR, 2.4 intake valves!! That particular motor is in his ~9.5 sec index truck. He also runs the same setup in a 8.6 index TBird.

Real Pics from last Friday:

Block with crank and cam:

myblock.jpg

The rebalancing holes on the front counter weight :banghead:

rebalanced.jpg

Rebalancing holes on the rear counter weight :banghead:

rebalanced2.jpg

Mmmmm cubic inches!!

bore.jpg

All done and ready to race!! :driving:

readytorace.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera along yesterday (didn't expect to go