Is there a way to get better gas mileage

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he DID prove him right.  it does not REQUIRE premium.

I have also tested gas mileage in the same conditions with 87/89/91 and there was no change.

read inside the gas cap, it reads premiun fuel only, you can run your 87/89, good luck with engine life

he DID prove him right.  it does not REQUIRE premium.

I have also tested gas mileage in the same conditions with 87/89/91 and there was no change.

read inside the gas cap, it reads premiun fuel only, you can run your 87/89, good luck with engine life

:rolleyes: 45k miles and it still runs like it's new. tell me one reason why it would effect engine life???

looks like the best way to get better mileage will be to enable lean cruise mode... you just need an editor to do it.

....That reminds me. I was seeing those 18mpg on the DIC without DFCO. (Deceleration fuel cut off). ((That "dead" mode the truck goes into when you let off the throttle at higher speeds)).

I haven't run that for at least 6 months now.

I looked into lean cruise, but everything is 0'd out in my 'bin - I wouldn't know where to start with plugging data into those complex looking tabes.

....That reminds me. I was seeing those 18mpg on the DIC without DFCO. (Deceleration fuel cut off).  ((That "dead" mode the truck goes into when you let off the throttle at higher speeds)).

I haven't run that for at least 6 months now.

I looked into lean cruise, but everything is 0'd out in my 'bin - I wouldn't know where to start with plugging data into those complex looking tabes.

I started with stock holden monero settings. it's a 5.7 LS1 so it should be a good baseline.

Mine hates anything below 91....but in Georgia we have 93 so It's great!!!!!

BTW, My wife's Escalade Manual states PREMIUM FUEL ONLY...too!!!

In my H2, it will run on 87, but I get more power and 3 to 4 miles per gallon better mileage with 93.

Cold air intake (I went with AEM) Good flowing exaust (dual flowmaster 40's custom.) and a gaylord lid. My best advice though is check your right foot and USE THE CRUISE. my truck is great on gas till I think I can regulate it bet than it can then I find myself speeding up slowing down which burns gas. Also I haul quads so my cover never comes off plus I never have to wash out my bed or climb UP into my truck. Guess how I do that, Oh I can take three friends with me. :crackup: I would use 91 or the best fuel you can find though. If you can afford the truck you should be able to afford the fuel. :nono: Thanks for letting me vent and hope I helped. :cheers:

Cold air intake (I went with AEM) Good flowing exaust (dual flowmaster 40's custom.) and a gaylord lid. My best advice though is check your right foot and USE THE CRUISE. my truck is great on gas till I think I can regulate it bet than it can then I find myself speeding up slowing down which burns gas. Also I haul quads so my cover never comes off plus I never have to wash out my bed or climb UP into my truck. Guess how I do that, Oh I can take three friends with me.  :crackup: I would use 91 or the best fuel you can find though. If you can afford the truck you should be able to afford the fuel.  :nono: Thanks for letting me vent and hope I helped. :cheers:

Thanks for the info, i can afford the fuel, its just pain to wake up and noticing there isn;t much left when you just filled it up not long before. What kind of AEM did you get? What kind of mileage are you getting also? Thanks

I bought the polished kit was really happy with it. I can get 19 to 20 on a long trip with the cruise and no extra weight (trailers, bags, ect.) I did all my mods at once so I can't really tell ya if one thing is better than the other. Here is a full list of my mods-- Superchips micro tuner helped alot but may go with PCM? --AEM intake love the sound and the look of that 4" pipe under the hood! Flowmaster dual 40's with H pipe. Not to loud not quiet juuuust right! Also I just got a goodhood with the ram air so we will see if that helps. I am as big on mileage as you are if not worse so I do my homework before I buy. Good luck with your mods and 4 wheels are safer than 2 on the dirt. :cheers:

Your all right.... I only get about 13 or so in the city.... i did take it out of town last weekend and got 16 on the highway... best bet lay off the pedal and drive nice.... that is if your really concerned about your mileage....

whatever you do..stick with the stock 20's....I am runnin 23's and MAAAN.... 9-11mpg is IT!!! :puke:

I am really payin to play on this one... the BIG heavy bling rims really kill my mileage, well I geuss my heavy right foot doesnt help too much either... :jester:

If you're so worried about gas mileage then this ain't the truck for you dude!! :yellow_loser:

we already went over this.... I was just seeing why some people who have the same truck tend to get up in the 20's for mpg and high teens. Just tryin to see if I can do that also. :yellow_loser:

Anyway, drove to the poconos today to go boarding and got 13.4 on the highway and i kept it easy with cruise control at 70. Just seems low to me. oh well i guess

Archived