9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

AspenTaylor,

Does that mean that the truck isn't fixed?  Or has the last battery been better?  I'm waiting for my newest batt to die on  me any day.  If your problem got fixed, or went away by itself, I'd like to know.  My service mgr said that the Escalade's and Denali's had a problem with a swithc in the steering column causing them to drain batts, but that that hasn't been a problem with Silverado's.  My batt's are doing the same thing as yours, one or more cells going so bad that the batt can't be charged.

In another post you mentioned a settlement.  Was that daydreaming?  I wish you all the luck.  I hope that I can avoid any of that.  But that is certainly my next step if nothing is resolved.  Again good luck.

Brad

ps: I don't have ANY aftermarket equip added. But it is suspicious that it started after a couple of repairs at the dealership.

Brad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but welcome to my world. It blows!!! I think they may have helped the problem by messing with the AC. I have not been driving the truck much b/c I bought a car for work. Hopefully it will not happen again. It seems like GM techs have such a hard time finding electrical problems. Hum..... I wish I had more advice for you. Check into the lemon law in your state. You might be entitled to a new vehicle or settlement. I know I am!

Man, this is sad.

I was pissed when I had to pull the battery out of the RX7 this morning to get to work ! :mad: My SS is just now 2 years old with 28000 miles, guess my battery did OK. It only sat 1 1/2 days since driven and the battery was completely dead - even had to put the key in the lock to open the door and had no interior lights at all. Dealer acted like an a@@ when I called but finally said just stop and they would replace it. Alternator seems fine. I guess we'll see.

:banghead: Here we go! Flatbed picked the SS up this morning - RX7 battery near dead (see post above). Seems to have a pretty heavy draw on the battery. I checked the truck over to be sure every thing was off and couldnt find anything on. Couldnt find my stupid multimeter the check how much current was being drawn so I called the dealership and they sent truck to pick it up. Got a Malibu as a loaner (I dont care mush for it - but hey, its free).

Yellow Top Optima Battery  :D

Solved all my problems...even with stock alternator..and electric fans..the starter hummmms like none other

I also replaced every light bulb on the truck with LED's(w/ exception of hi/low beams)something about the melted bulb connectors, I didn't like

I'll be replacing the L5 10" with 2 of my older 12"w6's to get more use out of the 1000 watt (D) amp...when the subthump box comes in...along with the flex-a-lite fans that I installed...we'll see what happens

Yellow Top Optima Battery  :D

Solved all my problems...even with stock alternator..and electric fans..the starter hummmms like none other

I also replaced every light bulb on the truck with LED's(w/ exception of hi/low beams)something about the melted bulb connectors, I didn't like

I'll be replacing the L5 10" with 2 of my older 12"w6's to get more use out of the 1000 watt (D) amp...when the subthump box comes in...along with the flex-a-lite fans that I installed...we'll see what happens

I would, but I am not going to waste the mula. It's GM's fault. They should pay!

Archived