9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

Rays SS---You have an excellent idea! I would if I had the time to spare. Also-I already hired an attorney and currently have a lawsuit pending against GM-Lemon law does apply :D Hopefully!

daGeorge-I guess FOX it is for my next vehicle!

promod1955-Thanx. That is what I keep hearing, but I am not wasting the money for a battery. The truck is under warranty so everything ihas been free thus far.

d a n payne-Sorry to hear about your problem! Stupid batteries! Unfortunately mine gets to get point where it will not start w/o a jump. Drives me nuts!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rays SS---You have an excellent idea!  I would if I had the time to spare.  Also-I already hired an attorney and currently have a lawsuit pending against GM-Lemon law does apply  :D  Hopefully!

daGeorge-I guess FOX it is for my next vehicle!

promod1955-Thanx.  That is what I keep hearing, but I am not wasting the money for a battery.  The truck is under warranty so everything ihas been free thus far.

d a n payne-Sorry to hear about your problem! Stupid batteries!  Unfortunately mine gets to get point where it will not start w/o a jump.  Drives me nuts!!!

if you just came down here by the beach you wouldn't have that problem. check out the GM giant in Easton. there as close to you as baltimore. I have ppl there to talk to that will help you properly the first time.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will take it there when summer comes if I still have the lemono SS. As of right now, I do not have time to drive very far. Not like it is that far, but school, work, excercise, and my horse take up all of the hours in the day.

Just had a friend had a similar electrical problem on his truck.(not GM) He has only had it maybe 6mos. Its a 2004

Found out that from driving in the winter, the salt had gotten into his trailer light connector and had a resistance short that was causing his problem.

Just had a friend had a similar electrical problem on his truck.(not GM) He has only had it maybe 6mos. Its a 2004

Found out that from driving in the winter, the salt had gotten into his trailer light connector and had a resistance short that was causing his problem.

Interesting...too bad mine problem was in the spring/summer months :(

Hi Taylor I would have a (Good Independent) auto/electric shop Look at your truck. You might have to pay for the time they spend on it. But they might find the problem.

I have a dc clamp on amp meter that will show extreme current draw. If i was closer i would take some readings off my truck and then take some readings off your truck to see what the difference is. It sounds like you have a short in the electrical system. I would also check or have someone check any after market wiring (If any) that was installed on you truck .

GM might not cover any after market wiring

problems.

Just my 2 cents I hope this helps

It sounds to me like you basically have a set of incompetent people working on your truck, not just the technicians, but the dealership service manager(s) as well. After two dead batteries, once you are on #3, it is clearly not the battery, and the technician should know this. Any supervisor or manager who signs off on battery #3 without the disgnosis of a more complicated electrical problem is also incompetent. If the dealership didn't have the expertise in-house to properly diagnose the electrical issue, then they should be shipping it out to a place (i.e. specialty shop) that CAN properly diagnose it.

Let me ask you this - do you really want to turn your truck in under the Lemon Law, or do you just want your electrical issue fixed? If you want the issue fixed, I would take it to another dealership that has the resident expertise to deal with your problem. This may take some calling around, a little driving, and maybe even some time with a loaner and without your truck (electrical issues can take a while to troubleshoot), but if it gets your issue resolved, wouldn't it be worth it?

And do yourself a favor - don't ever go back to JBA again.

You would think the dealership would come to that understanding, but of course not. According to them its a dead battery. Well-according to their computer system.

As for the turning in the truck...I do not care. I do not have any mods on it so I can always start over w/ a new one. All I have is rain guards and tint on the front windows. I might hold off on the grille, bowtie and decal at this moment b/c I just got my first set of Interrogatories in the mail for my case agst GM. Trial should be approaching soon. Sucky thing is I really do not have the time to deal w/ a dead truck every couple weeks or trying to figure out who is the most qualified to deal w/ the issue. I narrowed it down to the a/c so hopefully someone can do something. If not, bring on the new truck or $. Of course I will replace it w/ an SS!

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. If the lawsuit fails I will take it to a decent place. Right now I just want GM to pay for their mistake they could not correct.

• 2 weeks later...

There has to be more to the story ... no dealership (no matter how incompentant) would ever throw 10 batteries in a truck without good reason (or ever for that matter).

:nonod:

I wish there was more to the story. It drives me nuts every time I sit at the dealership for 3 hours and hear the same ending. "Our computer says..... there is a dead cell in your battery." They only rely on what their computers say and not common sense. They do not look any futher than that....

Pretty lady....not so much after several visits to the dealership. I get more irritated every time I go :banghead:

I lost my factory battery in the first month that i had the truck. I switched to an optima, It died in 2 weeks!!!! OPtima recycled the battery and gave it back, I started to hunt down the issues. It turned out to be a combo of things.

The first was the Data bus system that shuts your radio off when the door opens was not doing its job and staying on for who knows how long.

Second was the factory ground is really bad, Get some wire and terminals and ground that thing in a couple of locations.

Then I would get an optima battery becuase they can take more abuse.

Then I went and got a 260 amp alternator, Now I have never had a problem again!!! Been almost 9 months now..

The factory alt has some issues, it is not powerful enough for our trucks and accessories, it has bad voltage spikes, (dispite what GM says) and is not grounded well enough to be as effictive as it could be.

Archived