9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a problem kinda like yours, only when i would go to start my truck it would start to crank then just die, had me stuck several times at different places. Thought it was the battery but it ended up being one of the connectors was faulty causing it to short out. kept resetting everything in my truck and was real annoying. When I got to the dealer of course it didn;t do it and they didn't even try to access the problem, just sent me on my way like i was lying about the whole thing. Ended up fixing the problem myself after i tracked down the problem at 3am leaving a bar when the truck died and i was stranded. Hasn't done it since. Good Luck on solving this problem

No word yet as far as the lawsuit goes... as far as the problem...it has to be the air conditioning. I have used the a/c this week and it started to die. Last time the battery went was in November... again when I was using a/c.

Good question... it has been 50 and I really do not know. I think I get hot easily. Also, I had a feeling that the a/c was the problem so I figured I would try to kill the battery again. I need some more evidence in Court if I end up going. Hopefully GM will settle. Who knows though?!?!

More than one battery? It ain't the battery! Something is drawing power. It should be pretty easy to find. Any decent electrical shop could probably find it for you. On my Tahoe, it was the underhood light. Part of the insulation had worn through and it was grounding to the body slightly. It would take about a week before the battery was drained. So, if I drove it everyday, no problems. Drove me nuts for a while. Had to measure amp draw off of the battery and start disconnecting circuits one-by-one until the right one was indicated. Then, start tracing the wiring to that circuit. I know that your SS doesn't have an underhood light. And I know it could be something alot more complicated than my problem. But, you never know! It could be something quite simple.

Good Luck!

T

yah know what, when i put my windows down/up the lights dim...so my battery is dieing! and i recently replaced it (a month or 2 ago) with an optima yellow top.... but than again i do have the radio on a lot while working on my truck, but i dont have subs or neons or anything like that......

This may sound stupid but why are you using the AC in winter?  Your a little more south that I am but I dont think the temps are that much warmer :dunno:

Hope you fix the problem tho

Everytime you turn on your defrost........ it runs your a/c compressor. It helps dehumidify the air so your windows don't fog up.

Keep after them, don't let them push you around. It's shady dealerships like the one you're dealing with that give the rest bad names. If I would have had to have 9 batteries put in my SS I would have shoved the SS up the owner of the dealerships A$$!! And if you have not done so yet, research the lemon law to see if it applies to you, and if all else fails, hire an attorney.

Another thought...Put a BIG SIGN in the back of the SS saying it is a lemon and the dealer won't fix it and park it on the street in front of the dealership. (make sure there isn't a city or county ordinance against it first)

Good Luck! Perseverance!

Ok, I've stepped down off my soapbox and have taken a chill pill!

LOL...... Thats where I bought mine from!!! I've heard some horror stories about them but I got a decent deal. I've heard good things about FOX Chevrolet which I believe is in laurel. I really wouldn't go to JBA unless I had to.

George :chevy:

I am having the same problems but mine doesnt go all the way dead. If I park it over night and start it up it takes a few seconds and growls a little.

I have a yellowtop that is running parallel to it and I am going to just throw the factory one out and put the yellow top in its place

Archived