YET ANOTHER NEWBIE WITH SOME QUESTIONS

:seeya: hey! how is everyone. as you already know, i am the newest guy around here as of the moment. my name is quick and i dont actually own an ss silverado, but i am currently building one for one of your members. here in new orleans i operate under the name quickspeed racing, but i deal mostly with f-body cars. i know them inside and out, along with ls1's and lt1's. my problem is that having a 5200 pound awd truck dumped into my lap creates all sorts of challenges! its not that i dont know what im doing, its just that im not familiar with alot of things. basically im just snooping around here soaking up knowledge. before i get started with all my boring questions i wanted to tell you guys that this is a great web site. i have learned more in the past couple days than i have in the past five years. im proud to be a part of this! (i just have to pray that you guys dont make me pay a cover charge at the door since i dont actually own an ss) :banghead:

as far as the truck goes, im not too sure what our objective is just yet. it seems that every day we change out minds about something. the only things that have stuck are the k@n kit (which will be useless soon) the trans-go shift kit (which was a nightmare) and the sts turbo kit will be ordered first thing tomorrow morning, in conjunction with deman racing here in new orleans.

we will be running only 5-6 pounds of boost for the time being, until the bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, and intercooler can be ordered. after that we will be going up to 10 pounds of boost. of course we are opting for the upgrade to the gt-67 turbo for exactly that reason. with the intercooler, i should lose 1 to 2 pounds of boost, so running 10 pounds will actually get me 8 to 9 at the intake.

you guys have been around these trucks alot more than i have, so i am basically wondering if you guys know of any small details that i should look out for. :dunno:

we will be taking the truck to the track wed. to get a base run before the turbo goes on. ill keep everyone posted as to what the results are.

once again, im exstatic to be a part of this site, and you guys are great, and any little tid-bit of knowledge you can hand down, would be greatly appreciated!

if anyone has any questions for me, i can be reached here obviously, or you can e-mail me at [email protected] thanks alot to everyone once again, and i look forward to working with everyone! quick

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

Sounds like you got most of it covered, unless you got something specific.

Keep us updated on the STS results vs stock. A lot skepticism on this site about it's effectiveness.

Welcome to the site :thumbs:

Sounds like you got most of it covered, unless you got something specific.

Keep us updated on the STS results vs stock.  A lot skepticism on this site about it's effectiveness.

Especially when no one has had a trouble free run of it..... :smash::P:jester:

Welcome to the site.

F8l Z71- How is the truck running havent seen you post here in a while.

Cant wait to see the results of you test.I am also very interested because i cant decide between the STS and the Radix.

Heya Chase :)

I have not been online much. Got a new girlfriend and almost forgot I even have a truck. ;)

The trucks still down. I am waiting for escrow to close so I can put aside funds for the new motor. We're doin a long rod 370ci with pistons and rods/bolts. Kind of a budget build to see what it can handle. I'm not going nutty like Benkey or Erik. 650-700rwhp will be enough for me. ;)

Once I get the motor apart I'll post up our findings. We have a feeling it is a rod bearing making the funny noise. Power was still great and compression wasn't down any more than it was before the 110mph runs. *shrug*

Archived