Superchips Programer...

MANDO517

I recieved a Superchips Max Microtuner 2714 for christmas. I need some advise on tuning, so i can take off and go faster on my 04SSS :driving:

Do I max out my shift points and shift pressure for best performance??

Do I max out my rev limiter?? I dont really know how to use this thing.. :dunno:

My other mods= 70 series flowmasters, and 77 series K&N intake....

:withstupid: you may also have to pull a few fuses under the hood to program.(info and radio).  make sure your headlights stay off and keep your doors closed.  that programmer is sensative to any change in power current.

If you have onstar, you'll have to pull a fuse before you use. It should have directions to tell you which one to pull. I use a superchips programmer on my 2003 SS. It does make a difference to me. Raise the rev limiter and speed limiter and go with the high performance tune if you don't tow anything. Since the SS has to have the high octane fuel, the performance tune is an easy choice. I got some setting from the chevytruckworld web site that work great on my SS. I'll post them today when I get home. Got to meet the UPS guy today to get my new subs!! :jester:

If you have onstar, you'll have to pull a fuse before you use. It should have directions to tell you which one to pull. I use a superchips programmer on my 2003 SS. It does make a difference to me. Raise the rev limiter and speed limiter and go with the high performance tune if you don't tow anything. Since the SS has to have the high octane fuel, the performance tune is an easy choice. I got some setting from the chevytruckworld web site that work great on my SS. I'll post them today when I get home. Got to meet the UPS guy today to get my new subs!! :jester:

If you can, please post the settings you got on chevytruckworld.com...... :driving:

It will be verry usefull to me.....thanks :seeya:

mando.....

Here are some to start with.

Shift Points

1-2 +1

2-3 +3

3-4 +3

Shift Firmness

1-2 +2

2-3 +2

3-4 +2

Let me know if this helps any. I haven't tried to adjust mine, but I will once I get the gtech ordered and I have done some testing. Good luck :thumbs:

Send that SUPERCRAPS back I had one and It shut my truck down twice and I don't have onstar and it still did not work right. I was on the phone with them both times I did it and went trough it with there tech step by step and for some reason it would not hook up with my truck nothing but a big headache plus the PCM from bryan is better and gives you more horsepower.

Here are some to start with.

Shift Points

1-2 +1

2-3 +3

3-4 +3

Shift Firmness

1-2 +2

2-3 +2

3-4 +2

Let me know if this helps any. I haven't tried to adjust mine, but I will once I get the gtech ordered and I have done some testing. Good luck :thumbs:

Ill try this setup and see how it runs :driving:

thanks for the help SSTHUNDER.. :cheers:

Ill let you know how it went...

mando.....

Send that SUPERCRAPS back I had one and It shut my truck down twice and I don't have onstar and it still did not work right. I was on the phone with them both times I did it and went trough it with there tech step by step and for some reason it would not hook up with my truck nothing but a big headache plus the PCM from bryan is better and gives you more horsepower.

I've never had any problems with mine. I'm going to keep it till I get a SC installed(hopefully next year if all goes well). I figure I'll have around 30K miles on the truck by them so my warranty will almost be gone. Till then I guess I'll work on audio upgrades for my SS. :jester: If I keep buying stuff, I might be forced to live in my SS(wife :nono: ). Maybe I can hide all the receipts from her. :devil:

if you have a dvd player, you need to pull the fuse on that. i needed to, but before i did, superchips almost sent someone from florida to my house to figure out the problem.

custom tune is deffinatly the best thing to do,  you can find alot of info on my site about things you can change and the software to do it,  www.ls1tuning.com if you want to take a look  :)  im wait4me there too..    jes

I thought about doing my own tuning, but it might be awhile before I attempt that. I'll probably get another laptop in 3-6 months. Thanks for the info

Archived