New Upgrades For The Supersub

Being in Vegas taught me a few hard lessons! It's HOT!

Both Me and the bus had a rough time! I felt that for the surrounding circumstances, Knowing that i had to drive it back to MN, the Suburban Finish with a strong footprint on my over HP goals. The Guy's AT LEP are truly Stellar!

Well Now on to the heat issue, Vegas 110+ :bomb:

what a day to dyno! :cry: Every body wants More HP out of there set-up Right!!!Well here is what I came up with!

The words "Phenolic" and "Spacer".

check out the vid!

th_CIMG2781.jpg

thats just the differance between the two manifolds.

"Heat Soak" No more.

CIMG2689.jpg

Going at it head over heals and ending up hitting a home run!

In my mind (at least)creating a " Velocity" effect creating more room for the air to enter the Intake ports.

CIMG2696.jpg

this also allows me to add E-85 to the mix utilizing the new larger Taller Injectors!

Oh! Almost forgot Iat's hmmmm. :hail:

Respond at your own risk!

Can some one tell me what 205kpa = in boost? :hmmm:

:burnout:

Ray,

bare in mind i have never seen a sc mount up so these may be dumb questions.

Does that go between the valley cover and SC'r? do you have more pics to help me see where it goes.

our circle track guys use the same thing for the carb spacers and they say its worth 15 hp. I understand the concept of it and wow nice idea putting the idea into action. Hats off to you.

Ray,

bare in mind i have never seen a sc mount up so these may be dumb questions.

Does that go between the valley cover and SC'r? do you have more pics to help me see where it goes.

our circle track guys use the same thing for the carb spacers and they say its worth 15 hp. I understand the concept of it and wow nice idea putting the idea into action. Hats off to you.

It goes between the supercharger the intercooler.....

thx guy's! pulling out the stops sorta speak. dyno day is coming soon and looking for that 7++ rwhp number, thinkinout the box I hope helps.

this thing is proving well so far in several key area's, increased transistion for the air to flow creating less friction, fuel rails are no longer heat soaked, boost is like yesterday quick! And best of all E-85!!!!

GREAT FIX FOR THIS INHERENT PROBLEM, I would have never thought to remember a phenolic spacer. This is the one single biggest issue I hate about the Magnusson kits, is that the intercooler is not only pulling heat out of the blower discharge air, but also taking heat out of the engine heads (because the intercooler is in contact with the heads). :thumbs: This is why the IATs skyrocket under extended WOT with the RADIX kits, is because the engine heads are boiling the coolant in the intercooler.

RE 205 KPa - every 100 KPa is an atmosphere, that is why N/A at WOT the MAP sensor reads 100 KPa (the intake manifold has been pressurized with 1 atmosphere of air). A reading of 205 KPa means the intake is pressurized with just over 2 atmospheres of air, so subtract (205 - 100 = 105 KPa) and you are making 105 KPa above WOT, or about 15-psi. NICE. :pimp:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

way to think outside the box Ray.... and I am with Krambo - make some! It appears that since you have created more internal volume your boost psi will drop... yes? I missed that day on fluid dynamics...

Thx! for all the positive feedback guy's. Could not multi qoute all these so i picked i feel a great question and mystery to me....

Internal volume? Yep! i would agree..... And actually thought i would see it right @ start up. But after several conversations, I agree with this.

What if? the Blower in its originally designed state intercooler pressing down on the lower manifold absorbing internal heat along with heated compressed air coming out of the blower forced to make an imeadiate 90* turn upon exiting the intercooler, Forced into the intake port (which happens to be higher then the exit point of the intercooler) at a givin valve opening time become backed up in the rotor creating even more restrictive heat which in turn would be less dense air????

Sorry for the run on sentence......... Brain typing thru fingers.

No what if?? Now everything attached to the upper manifold(everything but the lower tub) Is isolated from the engine heat(to an extent) Being 50* BTW, also suspended above the intake ports, allowing the compressed air to travel thru the intercooler and into the ports more fluidly(is that a word?) but you know what i mean creating a denser cooler charge.

Think of the New ZR1 they position the blower in the lower valley and push air up thru the intercooler then mcdonald's arch down to the intake ports. That even has more open space than mine started from strait from maggie. Magnuson designed these blowers to fit under the hood of a lot of vehicles, I figure if i have the room why not try and use it!

So far i am seeing less heat and No apperent loss of boost.

Please comment I look forward to any feedback.

Ray

My head room all gone: Still fits under the hood.

CIMG2766.jpg

Edited by supersub (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...