2004 Limited Production 2WD

SS4EVER

Hi all, it's been a while since I been in here and posted so I just wanted to say hello and see how things are going. I walk by all the brand new SS's built and admire them each and every time I go to work. Yesterday the plant built two pilot trucks reffered to as "Texas Trucks". I havn't a clue why they named them that. Where is Tahoe? I thought he would have mentioned them. Anyways about these trucks.

Gm will soon offer a limited number of a 2004 C-Model 2WD trucks built with a K-Model torsion bar suspension. The coil spring suspension that is normally used on the 2-wheel drive vehicles has been replaced by a torsion bar suspension thus giving way to a unique frame that is similar to the K-model 4-wheel drive. It has a High Performance Package offering the same 345 hp 6.0 litre engine as the Silverado SS, but in a 2-wheel drive form.

Highlites:

20” Chrome 5-spoke wheels (not the same as on the Silverado SS)

20” Tires (P275/55R20)

LQ9 Vortec “High Ouput 345 hp V8

M32 4-speed HD Automatic Transmission

Unique “Vortec High Output” Badging

C-Model 2WD built with a K-Model Torsion Bar Suspension

Also, there will be another limited edition comming soon with a new appearance package entitled the “Spring Special” as well. This will be a 2-wheel drive, extended cab with 20- inch wheels and tires. Unlike the Texas Truck, the powertrain will be the existing engine (LM7) and transmission (M30). All Spring Special trucks will be painted Indigo Blue Metallic (39U) - a colour that had been previously cancelled.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The information that SS4EVER posted is correct and is all that is known at the moment. :cheers: I found out about the truck 2 days ago, but he beat me to the posting! Thank you for the info SS4EVER! :thumbs: tahoe341 might be able to fill us in some more on the truck. Hey buddy, are you out there?!?!?! :cool:

Justin :chevy:

The way I heard it was only in the TX market.  Limited numbers.
Approximately 3000 units will be produced in the texas trucks, however I don't know where they will be marketed.

Any chance of sneaking some pics and posting them???? Without getting Fired!!!
Sorry, I have no pics.

Thats interesting, what dealers are going to be able to get them? You mentioned "texas truck" does that mean the are only avail in the southwest? What kind of prices are we talkin?
I don't have any info on where they will be available, the High Performance Package will be option B4V on the texas truck.

Define "soon"
Start Of Regular Production is March 22, 2004 through end of 2004 MY

ok, got to go, it's early in the morning and I'm heading down to PA into the Poconos for five days so will catch ya all later.

Archived