Fng Here

lknspeed

Just stumbled across this site, trying to get some information on a truck I just bought. Anyone ever heard of a 1992 Silverado SS (identical to the SS454) but........with a 350? Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Edited by lknspeed (see edit history)

Welcome FNG to SSS. Ex military? I know the term FNG is very popular within the armed forces.

FNG = f*cking new guy LOL :lol:

I have never heard of an SS350 before......welcome to the site. :cheers:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum. And yes those early 90's SS trucks were all BBC, if you got a small-block in the truck then either the original motor is long gone or someone added the 454SS stickers & trim to your base model truck.

Mr. P. :)

No way guys, I've seen those trucks before. ALL they are is a decal package (like the Chevy SPORT or GMC GT packages) on a regular 350TBI truck though. They all had those chrome 15" sport wheels (like the 454SS's) and the same mono paint look (also like the 454SS's). There was NO performance difference at all. PERIOD. It was all a "looks" package, seems like there is still a solid red 1991-92-ish one here in town where I live too.... Have u seen it Bradster?

Oh, BTW, welcome to the site. :D

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

thanks for the help fellas. i think bad bowtie hit the nail on the head. It is definitely NOT any performance package like the 454SS- just a base 350, 700-r4 trans and 3.08 non-posi 10 bolt. Appearance package only is what i figured.

thanks again fellas! Ill be lurkin around here for a bit, and will post some timeslips when I get my new engine installed. (nothing to get excited about.....maybe a low 14sec ride) :cheers: