Dnx7100

foxySS

Hi guys, I looking at getting this deck (Kenwood DNX7100) but I have a lot of questions and thought someone here might have some knowledge about it. :chevy:

1) From what I understand, the Bluetooth adapter does not work unless you use the GXM30 (xm antenna by garmin). That is if you are going to be using XM service. Is this true?

2) Do you need bluetooth to be able to hear the voiceprompts of the nav through your stereo?

3) If I am not using the bluetooth adapter, all I need is the TERK XM kenwood adapter to receive live traffic and XM radio?

4) Similar question- With the Bluetooth adapter, if I used the GXM30- that would be all I would need to receive live traffic and XM radio?

5) The GXM30 antenna is kind of large 3-4" and is silver. Mounting might be an issue if I decide to go that route. Does anyone have any good ideas of mounting locations for this unit? Does it have to be in plain clear-view sight of the sky?

Any help would be appreciated. :cheers: I'm getting confused reading about all the different add-ons for this unit. :rolleyes:

Hi guys, I looking at getting this deck (Kenwood DNX7100) but I have a lot of questions and thought someone here might have some knowledge about it. :chevy:

1) From what I understand, the Bluetooth adapter does not work unless you use the GXM30 (xm antenna by garmin). That is if you are going to be using XM service. Is this true?

2) Do you need bluetooth to be able to hear the voiceprompts of the nav through your stereo?

3) If I am not using the bluetooth adapter, all I need is the TERK XM kenwood adapter to receive live traffic and XM radio?

4) Similar question- With the Bluetooth adapter, if I used the GXM30- that would be all I would need to receive live traffic and XM radio?

5) The GXM30 antenna is kind of large 3-4" and is silver. Mounting might be an issue if I decide to go that route. Does anyone have any good ideas of mounting locations for this unit? Does it have to be in plain clear-view sight of the sky?

Any help would be appreciated. :cheers: I'm getting confused reading about all the different add-ons for this unit. :rolleyes:

I have this unit.... with bluetooth, it works with voice probs with out anything extra out of the box you dont need anything special it comes with the garman ant. which is only for the nav, the bluetooth is just hands free for your phone.

It was my understanding that to get live traffic/weather you need either the TERK or the GXM30 antenna? It sounds like that will also give XM radio as well (with a subscription of course). Chev SS, will yours connect to XM or get live traffic with the deck being standalone only? Just curious...

It was my understanding that to get live traffic/weather you need either the TERK or the GXM30 antenna? It sounds like that will also give XM radio as well (with a subscription of course). Chev SS, will yours connect to XM or get live traffic with the deck being standalone only? Just curious...

umm... I really havent tryed, it only would work in bigg citys anyways. But Ill try to connect in the morn.

ive installed a few of these.... awesome units, dont hesitate.

the bluetooth unit works by itself, as well as xm works by itself. neither are included. the nav antenna and all needed to use the nav is included, and the antenna can be placed under the plastic dash, on top of the radio itself is a great place (as long as you dont have FULL windshield tint, this interferes with the signal). the xm antenna will also work fine when placed under the dash skin. hope that helped, just PM me if you have any other questions.