are maf aftermarket sensors any better

Why is taking the screen out bad? I didn't have good luck with jet. I personally would go with granatelli.Careful with computer tuning though. I had a camaro that when I combined the aftermarket mass air flow sensor and a hypertech programmer, the car never ran good again. I had to get rid of the car. :chevy:

p.s. Check www.tbyrnemotorsports.com I think they have the best price.

hey guys need help. i took out screen on my sensor bad thing i know. need to replace with a stock one from gm 100.00 or after market granettille 325.00 or jet performance 275.00. well whats the best way?

You don't need anything :confused: If you've de-screened you SS just leave it. And aftermarket MAF's are TOTALLY USELESS for anything. Just send me the 275 and I'll tell you that your truck is faster, either way the results will be the same no real performance gains. Any gains from this mod would be from providing slightly less fuel at part throttle. At the High (WOT) end of the MAF tables (Screened vs Non Screened) there isn't much difference.

So your PCM will be able to compensate for the change in the airflow. The SS has the same MAF as the Z06 but we have the screen. The flow tables aren't that different.

Use a factory one, aftermarket MAF's are mainly just problems.  Most companies sell a factory piece modified in some way.  With out correctly adjusting your MAF tables in the PCM, stock really is the only way to go.  :thumbs:

:cheers: could not have said it better :thumbs:

Guys sorry for the late replies, we are in the process of moving!!!!!

By the way the part number for the Z06 MAF' is 25341604

Thanks, Marc

GMPartsDirect.com

Check out the new upgrade link

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?specials=1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guys sorry for the late replies, we are in the process of moving!!!!!

By the way the part number for the Z06 MAF' is 25341604

Thanks, Marc

GMPartsDirect.com

Check out the new upgrade link

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?specials=1

I need a factory replacement MAF for my V-Max. Is the Z06 one the way to go or is there another part number I need to be looking at?

thanks.

Archived