Options on Brake Upgrades

Outsource

Buying them used I suppose. Alumasports are the cheapest as far as "big brake upgrade" I mean you could go with eradispeeds or something along those lines.

However from what I have read some stainless steel lines and new pads should suffice

Hope that helps

Jose

Buying them used I suppose. Alumasports are the cheapest as far as "big brake upgrade" I mean you could go with eradispeeds or something along those lines.

However from what I have read some stainless steel lines and new pads should suffice

Hope that helps

Jose

I like the Alumasports, but $2600 is a little steep. How do you like your Hawks pads?

And idea that's been kicked around has been retrofitting the C5 brakes, but I'm talking out my azz here I don't know what kind of adapter would have to be machined but I'm sure it could be done. I have a c5 setup in the works for my old Firebird.

For the rear disc guys, Stainless Steel Brakes has a 14" rotor package that relocates the stock calipers for about $900 for all 4 wheels.

For the rear drum guys, they have the same thing for the front only for about $460.

For the rear disc guys, Stainless Steel Brakes has a 14" rotor package that relocates the stock calipers for about $900 for all 4 wheels.

For the rear drum guys, they have the same thing for the front only for about $460.

Have you got a link for them please? they sound in my price band

Have you got a link for them please? they sound in my price band

http://stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

i say go alumisports or bust :D

How did I know you were going to say that.

haha your good i guess?!? :crackup: honestly i think you should get the brembo 6-piston kit, its my dream lol. who says 6k on brakes is too much???? my trucks already sobbed up its worth in parts, so for me (and i know chase :crackup: ) its just a money pit. we know we wont get the money back, but we still throw it down the pit :driving:

i say go alumisports or bust :D

How did I know you were going to say that.

haha your good i guess?!? :crackup: honestly i think you should get the brembo 6-piston kit, its my dream lol. who says 6k on brakes is too much???? my trucks already sobbed up its worth in parts, so for me (and i know chase :crackup: ) its just a money pit. we know we wont get the money back, but we still throw it down the pit :driving:

its worth it for me, i have a truck that can win shows and go fast while maintaining streetabilty. i cant wait to drive it agian. now to the garage to sit in it and make some vroom vroom skeeeerrrrrttt noises.