f150 harley davidson...

SSminneapolis

ran into a f150hd today on the way home...we were crusing at about 40 and he decided to punch it...as did i...i wasn't too bad...at about 90 i started to close his lead and by 100 i was about ready to pass him...we get up to the light...his comment was that the SS wasn't that fast...my rebuttle was that we do not have a supercharger...when the light went green we hit it...i ended up right on his rear bumper...didn't move much from there...

it wouldn't take much to beat those f150hd's...it sounded pretty good...that is about it...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ran into a f150hd today on the way home...we were crusing at about 40 and he decided to punch it...as did i...i wasn't too bad...at about 90 i started to close his lead and by 100 i was about ready to pass him...we get up to the light...his comment was that the SS wasn't that fast...my rebuttle was that we do not have a supercharger...when the light went green we hit it...i ended up right on his rear bumper...didn't move much from there...

it wouldn't take much to beat those f150hd's...it sounded pretty good...that is about it...

I would like to run him w/ just the stall convertor.

How much more is it going to take to beat one?  :devil:

That’s what I was thinking as well, the Harley’s aren’t Lightning’s so aren’t REALLY fast. But with just a couple bolt-ons here and there they can easily stay one step ahead of the SS, that is until a SC is bolted on to the SS then the gates of Hell open up and anything is game, until Hell freezes over and a lightning is needed to heat it up again…

i really think that my exhaust is hindering my perfomance...my truck doesn't jump off of the line as it did when i first got it...i think that i might change to the corsa exhaust...hopefully it will add back some of the back pressure that i lots in doing the dual layout that i did...

Do you think maybe it's just you're getting more used to the truck?

Boy do I ever feel like I am getting more use to the truck now. Now that it is all broke in I feel every little creak, bump and transmission jitter and it feels slow as Hell now. :crazy:

Anyone else felt the sudden downshift from take off from a traffic light? :confused: Feels like the tranny never down shifted to first when coming to a stop and then when you press the gas to go again it finally realizes it’s in second and shifts then and makes the truck lunge??

This has happened only a couple of times; I had the same quandary with the last Silverado as well…

I think it is all the added weight from the stereo you put in :D Do you think maybe it's just you're getting more used to the truck?

i think that it is the wieght of my large a$$ more than my stereo...if i were an average size person, and i took my stereo out...i would have saved maybe 275 pounds...wich may have made the race a lil closer...i think that real culprit was that my tailgate was up.... :wtf:

anyone know where i can get one of those sweet :puke: net gates...

With 500 dollars in mods I got low 13s, you guys keep dreaming. I am in the San Francisco bay area if anyone wants to try my Harley.

Troll under the bridge… ;)

Tell you what bud, let’s even out the field here. Take your ford and the $500 you claim to have put in the truck to get LOW 13’s, o.k. :wtf: Now take a super charged SS as well as $500 for say a torque converter and let’s race from a stop light…when you get done smokin’ the tires and catch up, how about we meet at the bar up the road for a beer…peace… :seeya:

Darric, just strap a blower on that thing so you'll think - now there's the power that this thing should have had from the beginning. 

BenKey:

Hey dude, I would if I had the extra cash right now, but my CC is being used for all those “hidden” costs associated with a new house right now. :sick: And besides I will be strapping on a boat here soon… :D

With 500 dollars in mods I got low 13s, you guys keep dreaming. I am in the San Francisco bay area if anyone wants to try my Harley.

Troll under the bridge… ;)

Tell you what bud, let’s even out the field here. Take your ford and the $500 you claim to have put in the truck to get LOW 13’s, o.k. :wtf: Now take a super charged SS as well as $500 for say a torque converter and let’s race from a stop light…when you get done smokin’ the tires and catch up, how about we meet at the bar up the road for a beer…peace… :seeya:

Now that's a realistic comparison. :thumbs: I love these guys. I don't car what his sig says his future buys will be. If you want a Chevy vehicle, then why get on a Chevy site and say something that freakin' stupid? With comments of that nature, you would expect the sig to say plans of future buys being an Explorer, Expedition, L, .....not a Chevy product :confused: Another confused individual :smash:

Bombtech - you need to check your arrogance at the door for this site. If you want to sling some shit, go somewhere else.

I apologize for my profanity.

Archived