Not an SS "But"

jmf3369

I know its not an SS but!!!

I loved the SS but needed more towing 7200lbs(SS), 10,000lbs(crew cab).

This is my 03 1500HD Crew, it also has the 6.0L like the SS just with less HP and more TQ, I've had it for 2 1/2 months now, finished the front end a week ago and got the Wheels and tires on Friday.

Mods:

Silverado SS front bumper

22" Panther "Juice 8" wheels w/ BFG G-force tires

Avalanche painted handles

removed all emblems and molding

tinted front windows

Nerf Bars

Soundstream amp W/ two MTX 10" subs

I hope know one is affended that I stole the front end off there truck.

frontpass.JPG

cleanfront.JPG

back2.JPG

cleanside.JPG

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome truck Jmf but I think the SS 6.0 has more HP and more Torque. The SS is 380lbs-ft and I think the reg. 6.0l is 360lbs-ft. I can't be going around work telling people I have more HP and Torque only to find out I was wrong so I hope my numbers are correct.

I get 13 to 14 normaly, If I have my trailer behind it which is why I had to get the 1500HD I get 11 to 12. 

That’s great gas mileage you are getting there! That’s the same average I get around town. A guy I work with has the same truck as you and he hates the gas guzzling associated with it, he gets 9-11mpg, ouch!

cleanfront.JPG

I love it! I would just get the SS grille up front so that the grille in front of the engine matches the one below the bumber. Different honeycomb sizes. But it looks great!

Is that the dark charcoal color? I had a 2003 LS that color for 9 months or so... wish my SS was that color. I also removed the molding on that one... what a pain in the a**!

Archived