Pop goes the first 2500 rebuild....

Well y’all, not even 75k miles and tranny rebuild is toast. At least 3-4 lockup will not grab anymore, although r-1,2 are just fine. This is my work truck and I do not have the time to do the 80swap. Should I go with flt this time? As I actually made it home instead brokedown on the side of the highway and 60 miles from home, in which I had no choice but to toe to a local shop. Lookin for opinions. Thanks! #teamnosleepfuxkinsucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-2 are fine but 3-4 are gone. Any ideas on what went wrong? All started when trans lost fluid due to line popping on cooler. Worked and then stopped about 10 miles later or started slipping 3/4

Sorry to say it, but I think you toasted your trans...... Rebuild again or replace.

Every shop out there will jump on this because its "gravy" for them (lots of cheap parts, easy for them to fix, most any repair will last the warranty period). Now getting good, upgraded repair (better parts and assembly) is a whole different story. I have a few trans guys, locally, that will shot straight with me. In Atlanta, I'd call Rob Walden at Lamar Walden Automotive, (770) 449-0315. He's an mainly a performance engine guy, but may tackle the job or refer you to a pro that will do the job right. Let me know. May have a couple of more contacts in the area.

Sorry to say it, but I think you toasted your trans...... Rebuild again or replace.

Every shop out there will jump on this because its "gravy" for them (lots of cheap parts, easy for them to fix, most any repair will last the warranty period). Now getting good, upgraded repair (better parts and assembly) is a whole different story. I have a few trans guys, locally, that will shot straight with me. In Atlanta, I'd call Rob Walden at Lamar Walden Automotive, (770) 449-0315. He's an mainly a performance engine guy, but may tackle the job or refer you to a pro that will do the job right. Let me know. May have a couple of more contacts in the area.

As of right now I’m going back and forth between performabuilt, FLT, and getting a reman from the stealership. So your here in Atlanta as well??

​

As of right now I’m going back and forth between performabuilt, FLT, and getting a reman from the stealership. So your here in Atlanta as well??

I'm close to Memphis. Have lots of "car guys" in the ATL area.

Edited by FASTDIESEL (see edit history)

Turns out my warranty had like Three months left. Any suggestions on parts that I should buy personally and bring up there for them to install? Shops now under new ownership/management

Well y’all, not even 75k miles and tranny rebuild is toast. At least 3-4 lockup will not grab anymore, although r-1,2 are just fine. This is my work truck and I do not have the time to do the 80swap. Should I go with flt this time? As I actually made it home instead brokedown on the side of the highway and 60 miles from home, in which I had no choice but to toe to a local shop. Lookin for opinions. Thanks! #teamnosleepfuxkinsucks

Doesn't this truck have a 4L80, you said it was a 2500 correct.