Rough ride with drop.

Blown 346

My truck is dropped 2.5 3.5. The frame has been professionally notched welded and bolted, I have Beltech Performance Street shocks all around and Caltracs on the back. Larger sway bars all around. The ride is really rough in the back, like it doesnt want to move with the road, so you just bounce around inside. I have read about the caltracs being a issue? Otherwise I have no other idea. I bought the truck this way and this is the first lowered SSS I have owned. Im almost thinking the shocks could be bad as they have been on the truck for years and years. It was only drivn on nice days to car shows and then back it sat in his garage.

Thanks, Mike

Might be the traction bars. Mine road crappier after I put them on my truck but then again I also did a shackle, shocks, and sway bar. I can't see how the sway bar or shackle would make that much of a difference so it's between the shocks and traction bars for me I believe. I have assassin bars not caltracs but I assume you can adjust the preload on caltracs also. You could try backing off the preload and if it rides better you'll know what it is. I've thought about doing that with my truck but I'm too lazy.

I also have shackles, and a larger sway bar front and rear. The whole suspension was all aftermarket with all urethane bushings, leaf springs. When the truck is off the ground, I cant push up on the wheel and have it move like you could if the shocks were going out. When its put back down on the tires the suspension holds the weight up until it settles after about an hour or when I drive it. That tells me the shocks are still under pressure.

• 1 month later...

My truck is dropped 2.5 3.5. The frame has been professionally notched welded and bolted, I have Beltech Performance Street shocks all around and Caltracs on the back. Larger sway bars all around. The ride is really rough in the back, like it doesnt want to move with the road, so you just bounce around inside. I have read about the caltracs being a issue? Otherwise I have no other idea. I bought the truck this way and this is the first lowered SSS I have owned. Im almost thinking the shocks could be bad as they have been on the truck for years and years. It was only drivn on nice days to car shows and then back it sat in his garage.

Thanks, Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Mike

Mike, I installed a set of Calvert Racing traction bars on my other truck(Ford F-150). The reason your truck rides so rough is, I'm guessing the guy you bought the truck from didn't tell you this, is because when you mount the bars, you need to install an aluminum I-bolt bushing in the front part of the spring. That's what Calvert Racing recommends. That is going to give you a seriously rough ride. So to solve this, you'll have to drop both springs and remove both aluminum bushings, put rubber bushings back in 5227385de6d606881a257af31b89ca80.jpgand get rid of the bars. Call Calver Racing and ask them for recommendations. I had mine adjusted and I had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk