Recently picked up a 04 awd ss . Getting the transmission rebuild I’ll be using it for work and to tow my ski this summer and make once or twice a year tow my car. I’m leaning towards a 3600 yank converter but want a stall I will

Be able to tow with comfortably . It’s getting a tru cool 40k and some efans also. Looking for recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your towing with it that is too big. A converter build heat, with you towing, it will only create more, and have you waste tons of fuel. Not to mention a trans gauge thats aftermarket. Or just leave the converter alone and have yours checked out and rebuilt. thats alot less expensive than buying a aftermarket converter. These trucks can handle towing without a problem just with the stock platform.

The truck has fbo and a cam and stock converter it drove like crap when I got it . And getting the trans rebuilt, I need the converter in it but want to be able to still tow my ski 2 hour trip to the lake . I planed on towing my car to tx2k but I probably won’t . What’s better for towing a 9.5 sized stall or 10.5? Just to tow a ski and maybe a quad here and there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the driving issue with the setup and stock converter. I dont think a 9.5 would be a bad choice. You have to think about the stall speed which is important. My converter is a tight 2800 and I have a built 4L80E with a 408, and a blower. It does just fine with that. I personally wouldnt go above that.