Front Strut Bar

It's in his gallery profile. Does it really stiffen up the front. Also headers fitment?

It will a little, but a larger sway bar would be better with poly bushings. This is only acting like a K member but on top of the motor. Its already tying things in that are already tied in. Plus not knowing what type of steel it is it might not do anything but be for looks. From the pics, It looks like headers would be a issue.

Most strut bars are just for looks anyway unless you have a unibody car made with the thinnest possible steel, so that it folds and crinkles like a cheap beer can whenever you hook it hard into a turn.

His attaches to the shock stud above the upper shock bushing, and to the sheetmetal of the cowl. So I'll go ahead and say this one is completely and totally "for looks"

Richard

It will a little, but a larger sway bar would be better with poly bushings. This is only acting like a K member but on top of the motor. Its already tying things in that are already tied in. Plus not knowing what type of steel it is it might not do anything but be for looks. From the pics, It looks like headers would be a issue
I design and manufacture these strut bars. You can definitely feel a difference. check out my gallery.

Shannon's Automotive Fabrication

[email protected]

scheduel 40 1” pipe. Its installed on top of the shock mounts. Threadable rivets in the firewall

It's in his gallery profile. Does it really stiffen up the front. Also headers fitment?

it clear the headers. The tricky part of the design was on the driverside. The steering shaft and brake lines. I used these threadable rivits on the firewall. The metal is scheduel 40 same materiel used to make roll cages.

• 3 weeks later...

if your interior dimensions are nominally 1 and you keep referring to it as schedule 40, then what you have is pipe. Pipe is NOT acceptable for making roll cages. Typically roll cages are made from DOM. Pipe is typically not designed for bending and taking loads. It is not structuraly uniform. Pipe will fracture long before DOM. If not a critical member, ERW can be used in place of DOM. A lot of people that use ERW do so because of cost. But if you plan properly and order all your material at the same time versus one stick at a time, the price of DOM can be very competitive compared to ERW.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)