Need help with possible wheel choice if I dont keep mine.

Blown 346

I currently have a 2/5 3/5 drop, and a big Baer brake upgrade all the way around. This is the first time I have owned a dropped SSS. So Im all new to this.

I have 22" drop star DS05's on the truck now with 305/40/22 tires. Im thinking of changing the wheels. I like the dropstars now, But I want to make the truck my own as I just bought it, and started thinking of wheels. I have found some wheels that I like, But I have no clue if they will clear the brakes as the rotors are larger as well. Wondered about the stock 20s Incase I sell these wheels so I can still drive it. I already noticed one of the rear tires bounced up and bent in the lnner lip of the wheel well a tiny bit. Im getting that fixed and dont want it to happen again. The old owner told me the leaf springs were modified, there is plenty of clearance when I look when underneath the truck and I havent had it bottom out yet, just a real firm hard bounce, but no Slamming noise.. Ill have to get a pic tomorrow and post it. .

Anyone here know what size backspace etc I will need with my drop to run the same tire size or even a 295 if that will avoid any possible wheel well issues due to the width being smaller. I want the wheels to fit like the factory ones sat if possible. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Here is the way the truck sits now.

post-13074-0-04404800-1524462995_thumb.jpeg

post-13074-0-55933100-1524463054_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I'm dropped 5/7~ with stocks on a 275/40/20 and still not sure if they even really clear like you are wanting as after long roadtrips I have a little bit of wear on my rear tires sidewalls from the inner lip (not much, but you can barely see some lines on the tire) from hitting dips in the highway going 70+ mph. Not sure if it helps much as I don't know the offset you are looking for, but the factory wheel may not be it! :(. One temporary solution could be to run the factory bumpstops instead of the drop ones and trim them a little so that your axle can't go high enough for the wheels to try and tuck, although it may not be the smoothest ride. I ran cut factory bumpstops on mine at 2/4 that I drilled small holes in but it did ride rough at times. Very nice looking truck though, great find!

mxRSqgo.jpgng817AR.jpgS2KzoWX.jpg

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)

With that kind of clearance I'm scratching my head wondering why your fender lips aren't rolled.

Richard

It's been like this for around two years and no issues :ohmy: . I tried to get a body shop to roll them once but they were too worried about paint cracking so I never did.

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)

My passenger rear tire had a small cut in the top of the tire that I notice when I got the truck home. Not sure if it was that way before as it was a blizzard on my way home and couldnt see the tires as they were snow covered on the trailer. I do know when the truck launches the rear squats like crazy and he while front end lifts up. Maybe thats the issue. I measured the wheel and its 9.5 inches wide.

Here are the pics I got today while it was on the lift.

post-13074-0-79462900-1524522410_thumb.jpeg

post-13074-0-08030800-1524522419_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)