Abs light

Ssfan60

Just accelerating on to interstate abd abs light came on...some times turns off fir short time.. My computer says..4 things...1 is co222 rf wheel speed signal missing and 2 is co221 wheel speed sensor ckt open and 3 is co223 rf wheel speed sensor signal erratic and 4 is lf wheel speed signal missing..wtf happened

I agree, the Wheel hub has the abs sensor connected to it. If that shorts it will throw codes. I do have multiple sensors for the hub bearings, Your wheel hub could be fine, as they dont have to loose or make noise. It could just be the sensor itself. I would try to remove the sensor from the hub. Its held in by either 8mm or a torx bit if I remember right. Pul it out and clean it up because it will be dirty, re install and see if it fixes the issue.

Where is it ?

Once you remove the wheel. You see a black line the is connected to the control arm. follow that down behind the rotor and you see a bolt or hex head holding the wire in the hub. if the plastic bottom is stuck use some penetrating oil like WD 40 and a flat head to gently lift it up. I then just clean mine with WD 40 and then wipe it off. I also use a Q tip with WD 40 and clean where the sensor goes into the wheel hub. The actual wheel hub is what your wheel connects to.

Send me a PM and I can text you a pic of what the the Sensor looks like along with the wire. I have two from my truck that are good. I had to replace both hubs and they come with new sensors so I kept the old ones as spares.

Heres a video of a replacement of a wheel speed sensor or ABS sensor.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

It can happen but not likely. Usually its one. But you may be replacing a good hub assembly. My bet is on the sensor and it needs to be cleaned up and re installed. If the hub isnt lose when you grab it from 9 and 3 o clock and slightly move back and forth and there is no play, go to the 12 and 6 o clock position and move up and down, if there is no play, usually it will make noise here and there like a howling sound or even worse. A hub can be tight but be bad do to internal bearing failure.

I would do that first, then clean the sensor. If you do decide to go with a new hub get a Moog, lifetime warranty and last a very long time. Never had to replace one and I did that over 6 years ago. They cost a little more like almost $200 or a little more but woth it.