04 amp install

davr89

Hey everyone,

First time poster to this site, but been reading and looking for years.

I have an 04 silverado 2wd crew cab and I installed a sub/amp last week..

Just wondering where there's a place to run the amp power wire thru the firewall on these trucks. I went thru the door frame as a temp solution till I found a proper spot to go thru the firewall

Pics and any help would be appreciated muchly!!!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I've drilled a hole in the firewall and put in a rubber grommet on last 2 trucks I've had. First one I had, I went with the stock wiring harness where a main group of wires went through with the large rubber plug. Also seen few others, where people have managed to push through with the stock wiring or even make a super tiny cut in the rubber of the main harness and go through there. I prefer making a separate hole with the rubber grommet now tho and will always likely do any more that way. You can make it fit nice and snug and install in the best location for your setup

I also used the stock hole in the firewall by your left foot. Pul back the carpet a bit and you will see a rubber plug like said. I ran mine right there. Then I ran the cable behind the center console near the firewall and fed it thru to the passenger side. Remove the passenger kick panel and the plastic door sills. The wire will fit perfect right in the grooves then run it back all the way to the cab and behind the spare tire and your wire is totally hidden.

Thanks guys. The wiring kit I bought came with a grommet so I might go that route. I'll have to take a better look when we get a nice day up here in Canada.

Picture of my truck with the denali 20s I just picked up for summer (wheels are just sitting beside the truck to get an idea)e4d3c97c20cf6db0648f0da20972294b.jpg

• 2 months later...

Was about to say, my 03 SS with Bose sub/stereo had literally a punch out just left of the brake booster looking towards fire wall from under the hood. Anyone got a better hook up for a LOC ,THAN THE CENTER console. I need to be back thumpin, with only one needed... XFL1244, AB FOR life that’s for damn sure [emoji344][emoji344][emoji344]❤️[emoji97]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk