06 Intimidator SS value?

bolo185

You cant fake a SSS an ISS or SS Fbody. Just need to look at the SPID label in the glove box. Look for the right RPO codes. The VIN is also on the label so you can authenticate it. In my opinion why a ISS wont bring big money is it doesnt differ performance wise over a regular SSS. All the ISS package got You was some badges a spoiler and some busy headrests. Yes you got a COA but unless your a diehard Dale fan..... and lets face it hes been gone a long time..... if you want big money it has to have Zero miles. 88k while low isnt exactly new. I have 71k on my Red 06 which from a color standpoint is the most rare

You hit the nail on the head man.. :thumbsup: people think that the intimidator brings big bucks just because they fitted the truck with DE headrests, his signature on the cluster, a spoiler, and some badges. The only situation that it would justified for it to bring big bucks is if the truck had 0-2,000 miles on the odometer.. at 24.5 he's going to have the truck for a long time. It really didn't make much sense to me to come on here not knowing and asking opinions to other forum members about what the truck is worth. other members including myself then proceed to tell the guy what it's worth and then he completely ignores everything and lists it for 24.5k, :huh: to each their own i guess

Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)

You cant fake a SSS an ISS or SS Fbody. Just need to look at the SPID label in the glove box. Look for the right RPO codes. The VIN is also on the label so you can authenticate it. In my opinion why a ISS wont bring big money is it doesnt differ performance wise over a regular SSS. All the ISS package got You was some badges a spoiler and some busy headrests. Yes you got a COA but unless your a diehard Dale fan..... and lets face it hes been gone a long time..... if you want big money it has to have Zero miles. 88k while low isnt exactly new. I have 71k on my Red 06 which from a color standpoint is the most rare for 06.

Im not meaning fake as going off RPO codes. If someone thinks they are buying one and dont know what to look for, they can get screwed.

Im not meaning fake as going off RPO codes. If someone thinks they are buying one and dont know what to look for, they can get screwed.

Can happen with just about any vehicle, but at least with the ISS you can confirm 100% via RPO code...if you're an educated buyer. If I was going to fool someone with a fake ISS you'd think I could also come up with a fake COA if I was really interested in faking. It's not impossible to fake a SPID label either if one was a real tryhard case but run the VIN for a build list and the fakery falls apart fast.

Richard

ISS is more than a signature on the dash and some badges,

Magazine review article on the Intimidator SS:
When compared to the "normal" Silverado SS, the Intimidator is more than just a badge package. The Earnhardt edition will have a lowered ride height, a black monochromatic color highlighted with "Intimidator" badge on the tailgate and doors, a racing-inspired tailgate spoiler and a silver grille inset. It will also be set apart from the standard SS with a performance-tuned suspension and a stiffer front stabilizer bar. It will include a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers. It will also be rear wheel drive with a 3.73 locking rear differential. The exterior will feature monochromatic black paint and "Intimidator" badges on the front doors and on the back of the truck. Chrome 20-inch wheels will be standard, along with a silver grille insert and a spoiler on the tailgate.

I took peoples advice here and got different opinions. Some said mine looks as clean as ones going for $25k, others think it's worth just bluebook. I found just 3 other ISS trucks for sale in the U.S;

In IL there's one for $14k with 181k miles

In NC there's one for $24k with 42k miles but heavily modified

In CA there's one for $25k with 101k miles on it.

With 88k miles I threw mine out there at $24.9k to gauge interest. There's interested people from out of state but I came way down in price and offered it to an interested local SS forum member for $21k but they arent interested in it at that price.

Bottom line is if someone wants an SS pickup theres lots to choose from in various price ranges.

But if someone wants an ISS they'll pay more for the rarity and special edition of just 933 made.

I think coming down to $21k was a fair price considering there's just 3 others for sale in the entire U.S. that have either a higher price and/or higher mileage.

I appreciate the input and opinions people had here on the forum. If it sells then someone new has a rare truck. If it doesn't sell, it still looks great parked in my garage and I'll try again in a year or two.....

I Sold my Intimidator with only 90,000 Miles, clean title NO accidents a few extra's with it's Certificate of Authencity for 15,700.

I would have never sold it, but here in Los Angeles it was a matter of time before I walked out the mall and saw it missing, NO matter what security I had on it. I miss it, since I was the only one to seem to have had a Certificate.

ISS is more than a signature on the dash and some badges,

Magazine review article on the Intimidator SS:

When compared to the "normal" Silverado SS, the Intimidator is more than just a badge package. The Earnhardt edition will have a lowered ride height, a black monochromatic color highlighted with "Intimidator" badge on the tailgate and doors, a racing-inspired tailgate spoiler and a silver grille inset. It will also be set apart from the standard SS with a performance-tuned suspension and a stiffer front stabilizer bar. It will include a lowered ride height, performance suspension, two-stage multi-leaf springs, Tenneco shocks, a stiffer front stabilizer bar and harder front jounce bumpers. It will also be rear wheel drive with a 3.73 locking rear differential. The exterior will feature monochromatic black paint and "Intimidator" badges on the front doors and on the back of the truck. Chrome 20-inch wheels will be standard, along with a silver grille insert and a spoiler on the tailgate.

Why do I feel that half of what was quoted above regarding suspension was just repeated?

TBH, I understand why the Intimidator would be attractive as a collector model but not sure why someone would want to spend almost double on a truck that only has a couple extra badges and spoiler on it. GLWS

Edited by demonte1997 (see edit history)

Why do I feel that half of what was quoted above regarding suspension was just repeated?

TBH, I understand why the Intimidator would be attractive as a collector model but not sure why someone would want to spend almost double on a truck that only has a couple extra badges and spoiler on it. GLWS

One reason is its commemorative, due to those differences. They made less than 1,000 of them. Also with accident and total losses, those numbers keep going down which make them more rare.

One reason is its commemorative, due to those differences. They made less than 1,000 of them. Also with accident and total losses, those numbers keep going down which make them more rare.

Thanks Blown 346, some people understand that, some don't. Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. But when certain commemorative limited edition vehicles are made for one year only, and they become more rare as the numbers decrease, they become more desirable and valuable to some, but maybe not others.

Thanks for everyone's opinions here, truck just sold to someone from L.A. who flew in to buy it and drive it back.

Edited by bolo185 (see edit history)

Thanks Blown 346, some people understand that, some don't. Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that. But when certain commemorative limited edition vehicles are made for one year only, and they become more rare as the numbers decrease, they become more desirable and valuable to some, but maybe not others.

Thanks for everyone's opinions here, truck just sold to someone from L.A. who flew in to buy it and drive it back.

Congrats on your sale :thumbsup: I found an 04' SS with 32k on the meter, no hard feelings man :thumbsup:

George