Bump stops

Ssfan60

I thought trimming these bump stops made the ride really harsh, since they're not technically a bump stop, but more like an additional rubber "spring" ??

I've always wondered what you're supposed to do when you drop these trucks since the bump stops are different. On older trucks we just chopped em or installed shorter ones that came with the drop kit.

Or am I confusing these with GMT900 pieces?

Richard

I remember a how to thread here about just cutting a nub off won't make it much better and you have to drill holes in the bump stop all the way around. I removed the bump stop brackets and just mounted the poly shorter ones in the center hole on frame and don't ride bad but im only 2" drop in rear with shackles right now. See what happens when get the other 2" from hangers.

Also I've installed the Tahoe rear sway bar on a few trucks I've had that were lowered 2"-4" and it helps out. Have some pics of my reg cab I backed It in a buddies driveway and had the driver rear wheel hanging almost all way off and still stayed pretty straight and wasent touching frame on either side. Plus you get the ride enhancement. I already got another Tahoe rear bar and the brackets for my SS ready to go cause it makes it drive and handle sooo much better/diff in my opinion. One of my fav upgrades to do 110%, and can you get the Tahoe rear bar for anywhere around $20-$100 usually and hardware for $50-$60 so not expensive either.