Pete jackson noisy gear drive

My other truck is a 85 c10 . it's got a built 327 .40 over and I put a lunati bracket master II in it with 515./.515 lift and .300 /.300 duration.

Now when I did it I ended up with a used Pete Jackson noisy gear drive. When installing cam it called for 3 Or 4 degrees of advancement. Gear drive only came with on cam degree bushing and that was the 0° one.

So I went ahead finished up and broke in cam everything went well. Now I'm to the point of my post.

Its not running real strong on the bottom end and I know advancing the degree angle will gain low end torque and my distributors vacuum can is touching carb it's advanced so much.

Pete Jackson has went pout of business and I don't know where to get the degree bushings. Summit has degree bushing from multiple brands but i dont know if they'll work. Has anyone had anything similar of an issue and can help me out here??

So, did you degree the cam into verify numbers (especially TDC)? Also, Check it with a timing light to verify where your timing actually is. There have been different balancers/markings/timing tabs over the years. Until you find actual TDC, you're just guessing.