Unknown Driver

BoostedBlues

I remapped my PCM via Black Bear Autocal. That being said, the Autocal read the stock PCM file, stored it, and then flashed a new PCM file. During the tuning process I observed that as the Autocal was communicating with the PCM it displayed UNKNOWN DRIVER before the PCM accepted the new PCM file labeled as DRIVER ONE (same name as stock). It is my understanding that the lable for the PCM file can be named anything you want if you can access that data via your programming software. (My programmer and I use EFI Live). I stuck with DRIVER ONE because MY NAME IN CAPITAL LETTERS seemed cheesey.

I'm guessing that your information center is displaying UNKNOWN DRIVER because there is some communication error between your PCM and BCM. Did you mess with anything related to either of these systems?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PCM and BCM will do crazy stuff when you have a short and/or low voltage. The alternator in my car shit the bed last summer, and I ended up driving home on battery only voltage. As I was pulling into my driveway dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the PCM/BCM flashed about every message it was programmed for and then went black as the car died.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk