headliner and interior trim colors

QuickStyle

did all of the SS models come with the "shale" headliner and trim piece? i bought my second ss (2004) a little over a year ago and the previous owner had the headliner done in black suede but the trim pieces are still the shale color, im looking to buy them in black to match, i'd prefer to not have to paint these ones. so is there a specific vehicle i could find these piece in black? my first 2003 SS definitely had a black headliner and black trim pieces but i dont have any pictures of that one to prove it, it may have swapped and painted from original, but im now sure.

post-27531-0-51113400-1512875123_thumb.jpg

thats what i was thinking, but was not sure. i'd probably be ok with the light gray over the shale is their a trim code that i could use to search for the correct color? the trim code on the spid seems to only refer to the all the interior except the parts i need

I would deff recommend to dye them also. It's super easy to use and way easier/more forgiving than paint. I had to replace a bunch of plastic parts on door panels that were the victim of a shitty high school custom job from previous owner and I think most if not all SS trucks are "very dark pewter" with the "shale" up top. I wouldt hesitate to use that SEM dye that Tranz Zam mentioned. I could only find it in person at summit racing but it was around $20 a can. Expensive but the quality makes up for it. I was shocked after third trip to "pick and pull" junkyards and was still having a hard time finding the correct "very dark pewter" pieces so had look into a diff route. Any other grey, dark grey, charcoal, or dark charcoal paint or dye will stand out terrible against the very dark pewter color and will stand out as much as the shale parts do so I would recommend against doing anything that's just "similar" in my opinion.

But here's what I noticed with the plastics like the inside mirror covers and fuse box panel etc....

If you pull one of the parts off and look around on back it should have all the diff part numbers and color names that that perticular piece came manufactured in. That's how I was able to tell roughly what year truck the part was from since diff years had diff color options available.

Example: Pieces from my 02 Silverado (also very dark pewter color code) looked same as the 05 part but I could tell the older or newer "set" of available colors on the back to tell which was older and which was newer. Weird they mold every color code into each piece.

But I would guess that if you pulled down that center plastic part or another stock headliner colored plastic part, you could find out if they did, in fact, ever mold that part in a diff color and that would answer the question if that piece exist in the color your seeking. Even have a number to start searching for if so. I would assume with almost 100% certainty that they only made it in 1-3 colors and none were made in the color your looking for. Sorry if that's hard to explain. Got a little excited cause I been playing the plastic tracking game for over a month now and found that info very interesting Haha. They always wanted a real light colored headliner/roof liner to trick your mind into thinking there was more space inside.

how do you like the suede liner in your truck? Holding up well so far? Would love to see some more pics posted here eventually and keep us updated on what route you go.