Help!!!!!

CB03SS

Woke up a few days ago and my 03 SSS would not start. Truck power comes on fine and is at a good voltage. I turn the key and get no crank. I tapped on the starter relay a little and got it to crank and start. About a mile down the road, I get a check engine light.l, and my SSS is now stuck in 3rd gear. I limp her home and hook my code reader up and find 5 trans codes: shift solinode a, shift solinode b, TCC solenoid, TCC PMW, and 3-2 shift solenoid.when I got home later that evening, I kind of forgot about my no crank issue and just tackled dropping my pan and changing a few components out (I.e. SS A, SS B, trans filter, and TCC solenoid). Put the trans pan back on and went to start my truck. Had the same problem. No start, no crank, and good voltage. Read a few forums and found that the ignition switch can cause wierd problems like this, so I headed to my local parts store and grabbed an ignition switch and installed it. I then went to start my truck again and still have the same problem. So then I started to look at all my grounds, and found that all of them seems solid and were clean, so I started shooting wires. I have shot continuity from the PCM plugs to the female end of the trans plug (because it runs the grounds for all the solenoids that I am getting codes for) and everything looked fine. Then I shot wires from ign 0 fuse to female end of the trans plug and still everything shot fine. I then shot wires from PCM to all my grounds and once again, everything is fine. I am now stuck and have no idea what to look at next. I read a few forums stating the BCM could cause this problem but I highly doubt that seeing that is has nothing to do with with my transmission. So I am thinking I crapped out a PCM. What are your thoughts? Please answer back with solid tech. Thank you.

Asking just for clarification, when you installed the ignition switch you did the electrical portion - not just the key tumbler, right? I know it sounds like a stupid question but we just have to be sure. Because the symptoms are pretty typical of an ignition switch failure (the electrical part of it.)

Richard

Asking just for clarification, when you installed the ignition switch you did the electrical portion - not just the key tumbler, right? I know it sounds like a stupid question but we just have to be sure. Because the symptoms are pretty typical of an ignition switch failure (the electrical part of it.)

Richard

Yes sir. I did the electrical portion.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post was that my ABS and Brake light illuminated during that drive I did where the trans got stuck in third

Chris

Edited by CB03SS (see edit history)

This happen to me when I was changing out my flasher relay under the dash. I unplugged something beside it to get that relay out and forgot to plug it back in. I believe it might have been the bcm. Those exact same symptoms occurred. Only third and same codes came up and also the abs light. After I remembered and plug what ever it was back in. Everything went away. I just can't remember what I unplugged though. I know it was right next to the flasher relay which the bcm is right next store to.

Edited by chevybowtie72 (see edit history)

This happen to me when I was changing out my flasher relay under the dash. I unplugged something beside it to get that relay out and forgot to plug it back in. I believe it might have been the bcm. Those exact same symptoms occurred. Only third and same codes came up and also the abs light. After I remembered and plug what ever it was back in. Everything went away. I just can't remember what I unplugged though. I know it was right next to the flasher relay which the bcm is right next store to.

This is extremely good information. I will take another look near my bcm after work today. If you somehow remember exactly what you unplugged, could you please post it here. Thank you!!!

Chris