What would you do for performance

Diamondss

So my SS is currently being restored, will be in the paint booth next week. Truck will look brand new, transmission has been rebuilt and beefed up (stock torque converter though) and interior has been all redone. So I have about $5000 (Canadian) left to do some performance upgrades. I was thinking headers/exhaust, L92 heads, an intake (any suggestions?) and maybe an XR275HR cam along with a custom tune. This isn't a race truck but I want to make sure I can put a Hemi, Denali, or Eco douche in their place. Would I be better to go a magnacharger instead? The truck is my daily and needs to be well mannered on the road if the wife needs to drive it. Am hoping to get it running high 13s low 14s in the 1/4 as a gauge for what my performance expectations are. It's gotta be reliable but also comfortable to use. It's working days are over with the exception of a small utility trailer from time to time.

So...

Supercharger or go all motor?

I am planning on doing a post of the whole restoration once it comes out of the paint booth, have been taking lots of pics. Very excited to have it looking new again!

Also, has anyone here installed a Ravelco system on their trucks? Apparently it makes it essentially unstealable without a tow truck? Any input would be appreciated

Cheers!

I'd build the motor before supercharging it... headers, cam, internals all that stuff and then save a little more for the supercharger... supercharger alone and you will probably break something real fast

Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)

I hear you on building up the motor first. My only reason for wanting the supercharger is that its a large sum of money but once its done any upgrades after (headers, heads, etc) would just be a bonus.

I know prices vary a lot, what about the possibility of getting the stock heads machined instead of L92 heads? Who would you recommend for a tune on the truck? L92 heads seem to be still in the range of $1600+, not sure what a comp cam is worth? Tune is a couple hundred and headers/exhaust is probably in the $2000 range again right?

I appreciate the imput. When this truck was new they were pretty quick but by todays standards they're not so much. Something about making a 6000lb brick fast just gets me going!