Engine Oil?

PVerspeek

All,

What brand and type of oil do you guys use in your car? I know my dealer uses Full Synthetic oil, but when I asked him further specs he gave me following answer:

"5w40 full synthetic low sap"

So my 2nd attempt is offcourse this forum.

shoot!

any prefs for specific brands for example?

Thanks from Belgium, Europe.

Pascal

Edited by PVerspeek (see edit history)

:withstupid: :withstupid: (Both of those guys). Mobil 1 5-30 here to and AC Delco filter.

I stopped using Delco filters because I thought I read somewhere that they had been taken over and manufactured by Fram for a while now.

The quality of the AC Delco filters definitely dropped off noticeably several years ago.

I've been using Wix and Mobil 1 filters for a while. I figure on my SRT8's if the car came with Mobil 1 oil and I'm continuing to trust their oil, may as well trust their filters, too.

Richard

I stopped using Delco filters because I thought I read somewhere that they had been taken over and manufactured by Fram for a while now.

Uh oh. Hadn't heard that. Thanks for the heads up.

The quality of the AC Delco filters definitely dropped off noticeably several years ago.

I've been using Wix and Mobil 1 filters for a while. I figure on my SRT8's if the car came with Mobil 1 oil and I'm continuing to trust their oil, may as well trust their filters, too.

Richard

Makes sense, I like their oil just fine. I have used Mobil 1 filters from time to time.