Stolen!

gcoling

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

She was stolen from the Walmart parking lot in Tomball. She's been found in one piece. Recovered at an apartment on the east side of Houston. Only going to say that the radio was tuned to the Tejano station. Minor scratches, the door locks were popped and the ignition had to be rekeyed.

14 years and counting!

Update!

She was stolen from the Walmart parking lot in Tomball. She's been found in one piece. Recovered at an apartment on the east side of Houston. Only going to say that the radio was tuned to the Tejano station. Minor scratches, the door locks were popped and the ignition had to be rekeyed.

14 years and counting!

Wow! in Tomball I know exactly what Wal mart you are talking about. I live pretty close to there. Well I'm you got her back in one piece!

Edited by chevyss05tx (see edit history)

Update!

14 years and counting!

Holy crap!

Yeah I know that exact Walmart, too. Long-time friend of mine owns Premier Transmission around the corner from it on Alma street (highly recommended, super honest guy, sorry for the shameless plug) - glad you got your truck back. Freaking A-MAZING it was in one piece as usually an SS would get stripped out immediately.

I would strongly suggest and I'm sure you've already thought of it, a top quality alarm with a pager remote, and go with an installer that will work with you and understand you want that damn thing BURIED inside the dash so it can't just be disabled quickly. Then on top of that have your outside door handle key lock REMOVED and fill in the hole. Remove the rod that runs from the lock down to the latch. They'll no longer have that easy entry by popping the lock cylinder out of the hole so they'll have to work a little harder and do something more obvious like bust the window which will be more likely to attract attention.

You can use a rear door handle which has no lock hole, but you'll have to move one mounting tab on the door sheetmetal which will likely end up causing you to do some paint work, plus you have to move some pieces from the front door handle mechanism to the rear handle. Or, have your paint/body guy use some product to fill in the original handle's lock hole and repaint.

I did Escalade handles and used a rear handle on my front door; was doing full bodywork and paint anyway so no biggie to move the tab:

06SS_048s.jpg

On the silver birch SS I got for my wife, we just opted to fill in the door lock hole as I described above, truck was getting some replacement parts paint-matched so it was a simple job to do the handle at the same time.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Update!

14 years and counting!

It is really great, and rare, to hear about a good ending to a stolen truck nightmare. Congratulations, I know it's been 13 days of misery. I sure hope the law can put the screws to the scumbags.

Consider Richards great advise.

Hope you can hang onto her for another 14.