Need help w Fast LSXR manifold and Vortech V1

Okay all, I've researched this topic til I was blue in the face. For the life of me I cannot find anything on anyone trying to put a Fast LSXR car manifold on and LQ9 with Vortech V1 SC. I got a great deal on letgo but got screwed because it came without hardware and required replacement seals etc. Fitment was a bitch to be sure. Vortech SC mount needed grinding to clear manifold to seal correctly to block/heads. Bought LS1 GTO waterpump and spacers to fix truck accessory alignment and water pipe orientation. No problem there. The issue is the alternator sits way to close and will never clear the manifold. Considering a Dirty Dingo alternator relocation bracket w tensioner to the passenger side. Before I buy this $229 bracket set I wanted to ask the crowd of experts. Has anyone done this setup and if so how did you adapt?

Sorry boss, haven't heard of anyone using the vortech on our trucks and your fitment issues may be the reason why. Good luck with the build. Sounds like youre headed in the right direction though and let us know when you get her bolted up.

Post up some pictures. Ive never put my eyes on a Vortech mount but when I had my Procharger on my old truck the alternator stayed in the factory location and the SC mount bolted to the front of the factory alternator mount so it was never an issue. Not sure why Vortech would design their mount to move the alternator out of its factory position, that just seems silly.

Post up some pictures. Ive never put my eyes on a Vortech mount but when I had my Procharger on my old truck the alternator stayed in the factory location and the SC mount bolted to the front of the factory alternator mount so it was never an issue. Not sure why Vortech would design their mount to move the alternator out of its factory position, that just seems silly.

I thought the same thing....

It also could be the wrong SC mount for these truck...

Thanks guys. I thought the same thing about the alternator. It was Chase04 old stuff for an 03-04 SS I bought in 09 I think. Everything bolted up perfectly. The LSXR manifold has a vacuum nipple out the front left side that interferes w the fairing on the back of the alternator. I think I have a upgraded alternator. Will check. Once I figure out the photo issue I'll post some up.