Spoilers.....

zachm89

Nice picture. How do you attach the thumbnail. A Lot better than Photobucket

Just use the forums picture attachment feature. The only down side to that is, you can only post up to 1MB per post. I had to dumb down that one picture 3 times to get it small enough to attach to the post. PITA

Congrats man!! Awesome looking truck!! Hell of a find, nice work and with under 60k! Are those the 22" tbss reps? I seen those in grey on a AVblue truck before and they look killer with brake ducts and emblems color matched.

Edited by LilEz02 (see edit history)

Congrats man!! Awesome looking truck!! Hell of a find, nice work and with under 60k! Are those the 22" tbss reps? I seen those in grey on a AVblue truck before and they look killer with brake ducts and emblems color matched.

Thanks man. Yes they are 22" TBSS reps, and I definitely plan to color match the emblems and ducts if I decide to keep these wheels. I like them a lot, but if I could find a good set of stock wheels I'd probably go back to stocks.

Second day driving the truck and this happens... Trooper was cool at least and complimented the truck. He got me for no front plate and the tint eyebrow on the windshield being too low. Luckily just gave me warnings for both.

post-17218-0-53596300-1503341187_thumb.jpg

Second day driving the truck and this happens... Trooper was cool at least and complimented the truck. He got me for no front plate and the tint eyebrow on the windshield being too low. Luckily just gave me warnings for both.

Sounds like an "I got my eye on you" stop. At least he just gave you warning tic's.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much has changed yet but I have done a few small things. Picked up a Shopman1 bowtie (Thanks Brad!) because the truck just didn't look right without it. Removed the hitch, spare tire and spare tire mount/winch thingy. Threw some Belltech shackles on the rear (Thanks ZR1DREAMING!) and crank the t-bars down a few turns in the front. The front is sitting at about 1/2" lower than the rear and it looks pretty good IMO but eventually I might have to go lower.

I still want to get rid of the Vararam CAI that came on the truck but I havent had time to mess with it yet. Im also not really in love with the exhaust either. Im debating on whether or not I want to mess with headers or if I should just do a different muffler setup and keep the factory manifolds and cats for now. Also need to source a set of factory e-fans as the ones that the previous owner installed don't really fit the radiator, at all...and they're powered on/off by an annoying toggle switch that he mounted below the cargo light button. Frustrating but nothing that can't be fixed and cleaned up.

I'm also trying out my hand at tuning the truck myself. Starting off slow and small with just torque management reduction, removing the speed limiter and doing a lot of logging. I messed around a bit with shift points last night as well as a bit of power enrichment and the truck definitely feels a lot stronger already, but Im going to have to revisit the shift points because I think I set them a bit too high as I hit the rev limiter this morning before it would shift so I definitely don't want to be doing that. I'm an idiot when it comes to tuning so it's going to be a long process lol.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome couldn't stay away from the SS trucks! i miss mine. sometimes i lurk around looking for cheapo ones in decent shape. ive had the opportunity to buy my old one back a few times now :ohmy:

Thanks Niko! And no, I couldnt stay away forever lol. Still regret selling my 04 even 2+ years later, but I think I found a good one in this truck. Theres still a few things I want to do to it to get it to where Im happy, like ditch the CAI and put a set of stock efans on it. I did however change the exhaust up a touch this week. The truck had a di/do magnaflow muffler on it when I got it. Didnt sound terrible, but a little too bassy for me. Not to mention whoever welded the damn thing in needs to consider a new career. So I had that thing chopped out, had my exhaust guy make a dual 3" to single 4" y pipe and install one of the spare 4" mufflers that I have, and connect it to the factory tailpipe by removing the stock post muffler y pipe. It's also a Magnaflow but it took out a lot of the bass and added just a touch of rasp which IMO sounds a whole lot better. Hell I might even have to add some long tubes later on down the line to make it even better.