New Member Phenomenon

I don't come here much these days. My SS in in storage, and gets its legs stretched a couple of times a year.

It would appear this site is not far from being put on life support, but in my snooping around, I noticed something that totally surprised and puzzled me.

The number varies from day to day, but I noticed there are still an average of a couple people a day joining this site. Most of them don't post, but the fact that they are joining says to me they have interest.

I don't know how to read this, but for you guys joining, take time to say howdy, and engage the people here. There is some valuable info still here, and if you have one of these trucks, you will need it at some point.

I'm and old dog and have seen the value in the sites that focus on one type/brand/model vehicle. If for no other reason, as the trucks get older, the methods of repair and parts, will be reason enough to have this site.

other Larry

Very true..... traffic last few days has been light on the posts. I like this site no drama and not a lot of garbage. I tried performance trucks.net but it seems cluttered and full of idiots..... imho.

Yeah, the idiots and a--holes were the reason I quit coming here. The drama queens were just too much. I believe in stating your opinion, but no need to put the other guy down, or call him names, because he doesn't agree. It is a lot calmer now.

I say again to the newbies, at least introduce yourself.

I was on the pt.net group on fb and it seemed like every time somebody asked a legit question there was always a douche saying something about checking blinker fluid or flux comp. or something stupid. I have learned a lot from this site. I still check it every day im at work.

I was on pt.net a little, and saw a lot of that drama also. Made for good reading, but not for good technical help! I'm fairly new, and haven't gotten much into the SSS specifically, so I try to keep my mouth shut, listen, and learn from the guys that have been writing up the how-tos, and I've been trying to read to learn a little more about the different mods. I'm sure once I get the truck back to my town and dig into it I'll post more and be more active. No sense in talking about something I haven't done yet!

Right now the most exciting thing about my SSS is that it's towing back a car my dad and I have been working on for years, and my buddy with a stock C5 wants to race. Unfortunately for him mines not 100% stock, and he's lacking a driver mod.

• 5 months later...

I looked just now, and there are 653 people looking at this site that haven't joined yet.

Come on guys, join, be known and become a part of this.

If you own one of these trucks, this site will be invaluable.

The trucks are just now becoming popular again and you can be part of it.

I had a guy at the pumps the other day asking about my "new" truck. He had never seen one.

My bubble is officially burst.

Lol naw, just saying that the number of actual people online isn't necessarily represented by the number you see on the list. They aren't ALL bots, though! :)

I'm honestly surprised by the number of new members we actually see signing up and posting, that just bought their truck. The enthusiasm for them is still alive, you just can't expect it to be anywhere near the level it was when the trucks were new, though.

Richard

I don't come here much these days. My SS in in storage, and gets its legs stretched a couple of times a year.

It would appear this site is not far from being put on life support, but in my snooping around, I noticed something that totally surprised and puzzled me.

The number varies from day to day, but I noticed there are still an average of a couple people a day joining this site. Most of them don't post, but the fact that they are joining says to me they have interest.

I don't know how to read this, but for you guys joining, take time to say howdy, and engage the people here. There is some valuable info still here, and if you have one of these trucks, you will need it at some point.

I'm and old dog and have seen the value in the sites that focus on one type/brand/model vehicle. If for no other reason, as the trucks get older, the methods of repair and parts, will be reason enough to have this site.

other Larry

It is very surprising that I see less than 10 Members online but 400 Guest. What the heck, why not just join. We all bring something to the table and are looking for the same great community. Thanks for posting about this, hopefully it will open a few eyes.

Out of the last 17 new members, we only have six posts.

Come on newbies, talk to us. Tell us about your truck, yourself, your dog, your mother in law, your broken muffler bearings, just let us know who you are.

This is coming from a hypocrite that doesn't post, but give me something to read.

• 1 month later...

Yeah i have been a member quite a few years but didnt post, i recently became a supporting member and now try to get on when i can. Like mentioned before, this site is huge for owners and new ones. It needs to stay alive so guys, say whats up, say what may be strange or a noise. Someone probably has heard it before and can help.

Can't forget the people who just through what you say and spell check everything to be pecker head, but not help or contribute.

Why I usually stay away from the bigger forums.

Then again I have yet to see one where everyone is helpful. The worst is Harley Davidson ones, you wanna see some grown men cry and act like kids check that out.