Congrats! :cheers: I seriously doubt I will ever get to 5k posts on this board for exactly that reason, it is so damn slow around here. But I'll damn sure buy another SSS one day if the right one comes along.

Congrats! :cheers: I seriously doubt I will ever get to 5k posts on this board for exactly that reason, it is so damn slow around here. But I'll damn sure buy another SSS one day if the right one comes along.

I started 8 years go but was pretty quiet for a while. The site was a heck of a lot more active beck then.

Best luck in your search for a truck.

Thanks Muggs. It's always good to see you here.

hell yeah gotta try to keep the site alive, I sure do miss all the good SS folks who left, seemed like someone posted about selling and it was a domino effect

It's the curse of any forum that has a niche audience. Once the guys that bought them new move on, you'll see a lull, then you get the guys like many of us that got the vehicles later. Maybe see a lull again as newer trucks catch people's attentions, then years from now you'll have guys trying to restore some really beat, neglected SS's and practically begging for parts that we find difficult to source today...will be nearly impossible in the future, and this forum will likely be the only "go to" for anyone looking for info and parts.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

It's the curse of any forum that has a niche audience. Once the guys that bought them new move on, you'll see a lull, then you get the guys like many of us that got the vehicles later. Maybe see a lull again as newer trucks catch people's attentions, then years from now you'll have guys trying to restore some really beat, neglected SS's and practically begging for parts that we find difficult to source today...will be nearly impossible in the future, and this forum will likely be the only "go to" for anyone looking for info and parts.

Richard

Good points Richard. Not a bad idea to buy and store some things when you can find them. Cladding, for instance. I guess that aftermarket will eventually reman some things but there will always be a premium on OEM stuff.