Nitto 421Q - anybody run these?

Advertised as an XL-load rated SUV/crossover all season tire. Comparing to Toyo Proxes ST II ...

Truck is essentially stock so I don't need like crazy traction or anything, just wondering how these do for street driving in dry and the rain.

Richard

Thanks, they're Centerline Stingrays, 22 by I think 9. I'd look them up but since Centerline has tanked their site is no longer working properly.

They're used but in great shape, no bends, no rash, no repairs. Even super clean on the back side.

The tires are practically new, 285/45/22 like the common OEM size on the newer trucks. So they're a little bit taller than the 285/40/22's I'm currently running.

Can't wait to install them but I've been so stupid busy with work I may have to put it off until Tuesday.

Richard

Truck's a little dirty but I really just am not set up to wash it correctly over here...but did have time to get the wheels on today.

06SS_075s.jpg

06SS_076s.jpg

Pretty sure I won't be lowering it with this tire size on there. 285/45/22 is about 32.1" vs. the 285/40/22 being about 30.9" plus the different offset of the Centerlines...man I think I'll be into the fenders in no time.

Oh, and they were off craigslist, but out of town. Guy was totally cool and met me halfway but it was still a bit of a hike. Totally worth it though, especially since it doesn't look like anybody's gonna get new forged/billet wheels out of Centerline for quite a while, or probably ever again.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep that's why my comment about not getting any from Centerline for quite a while, or ever again.

Mind you there is still a Centerline entity in business - "Centerline Alloys", selling a cheaper line of cast aluminum wheels. Same basic logo on the cap, too. They operate a facebook page that is still active and they are quick to point out that they are not "Centerline Forged" which are the guys WE think of when we say Centerline.

Someone commenting on one of the posts said that Centerline (the forged wheel operation) was being bought out and reorganized. If that's true, then great; I'd hate to see them go away forever. If they do ever return though, it'll be a while before I feel comfortable doing any business with them. It was a fight to get my $2100 back when it became clear they weren't going to build my wheels. I heard some people haven't got their money back, still. Ya know, I remember in that last really ugly conversation I had with the sales guy, I mocked him and asked him things like, "What are you guys going out of business? You don't have the money to refund me? Go sell someone some more wheels, take their money, and send mine back NOW." .........

That check was dated 10/28/2016. Believe it or not after a few months had passed and I had got other wheels in the meantime, the temptation to try doing business with them again was there. I just figured since I already had wheels I could wait forever how long it was going to take them. Glad I didn't follow through with that stupid idea.

centerline2.jpg

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)